Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

TAR66A registration for sale!

TAR66A

Hi Everyone. I am selling my Targa registration so i decided to look for a place where the enthusiasts meet - and i found this site! its great!!

Just want to pass on the message that my plate is up for grabs - offers around £3500.

Keep up the good drivin!!

:floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

You'll need to suck up a bit more than that to get £3,500 for it :wink:

PS. I've deleted all your other postings.

If you really think this site has more to offer than lining your pockets, please read the rules first and then join the fun... :hand:

TAR66A for sale - £3500

My appologies... i had a quick look through the site and seen other people were advertising so i thought i would - what is the problem exactly?... because im new and havent said hello to anyone?!

Regards

Re: TAR66A for sale - £3500

TAR66A said:
because im new and havent said hello to anyone?!

Regards

Pretty much. Unfortunately we get alot of people trying to sell plates in here, sign up as newbies and advertise. Items being sold by contributors to the forum is a slightly different thing.

£3500 is also a huge price.

Re: TAR66A for sale - £3500

TAR66A said:
My appologies... i had a quick look through the site and seen other people were advertising so i thought i would - what is the problem exactly?... because im new and havent said hello to anyone?!

Regards

It might have something to do with you wallpapering the site with at least 8 separate posts in different sub-forums - you were posting faster than I could delete the repeat posts (bet you didn't think there would be a Mod on here at 1:15 did you? :floor: )

IMO you are also asking a ridiculous sum for a plate that doesn't even correctly spell the word you would have to illegally space on your car.

I'm afraid your post is typical of the "these Porsche owners have more money than sense and will buy anything at any price" that we get so much of these days...

If you have a genuine interest in us and our cars, why not join the discussions first and then - once you've earned a bit of credibility and goodwill - try advertising your plate then (but at a sensible price... :hand: )

* * * TAR66A - £3500 * * *

Ok... I understand the gaining credability and making a contribution part, but its was quite simply a direct, to the point thread that would obviously allow others to reply, share their thoughts and basically, open me up to the community!

And yes i understand that the multiple posts in different forums wasnt subtle, but i am not trying to sneak in a sale, i quite simply wanted to learn where the replies would come from, to then stick in the one forum. So i appoligise for that....

Instead i get moderators who are obviously annoyed at the fact that i am selling something at a price they don't like!...

So do yous moderate the prices of cars?... and if you think the price is too high send the seller a message like :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: "haha good luck with that price mate!!" ???

I am sorry to offend anyone on here... i offer my sincere appologies. :D

Re: * * * TAR66A - £3500 * * *

TAR66A said:
Ok... I understand the gaining credability and making a contribution part, but its was quite simply a direct, to the point thread that would obviously allow others to reply, share their thoughts and basically, open me up to the community!

And yes i understand that the multiple posts in different forums wasnt subtle, but i am not trying to sneak in a sale, i quite simply wanted to learn where the replies would come from, to then stick in the one forum. So i appoligise for that....

This is not a free version of EBay: The only people selling stuff on here that get left alone are people who have been contributing to the forum for quite some time in most cases.

As for multiple posts, that is against site rules (and general forum etiquette for that matter) and we would delete the repeated posts no matter who had posted them.

Instead i get moderators who are obviously annoyed at the fact that i am selling something at a price they don't like!...

So do yous moderate the prices of cars?... and if you think the price is too high send the seller a message like :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: "haha good luck with that price mate!!" ???

Yes - if they advertise them at 10 times what they are worth :wink:

If I was to advertise my 108,000 mile C4 996 for £100,000 I would expect to get some very rude and witty posts in reply...

:wink:

Haven't offended us... Just broken site rules, that's all... :wink:

(and will no doubt provide us with the usual entertaniment that we enjoy from first-time post number plate sellers... :thumb: :floor:

Re: * * * TAR66A - £3500 * * *

TAR66A said:

But I am equally having fun at pressing 'not approved' when you keep listing this part item in the 911uk Classifieds which is only for Cars for Sale

:D

I'd really like the number plate and think the asking price is more than reasonable. There's only two things that concern me about it:

1/ My car is a 1992 so I don't think the DVLA would let me put it on my car

2/ As it has got less characters than my current number plate, the extra expanse of yellow would really clash with the red paint.

Now for all you 996 GT3 RS owners out there I spotted R55 NOB on ebay, or as the advertiser has it RS SNOB. I think the starting price was just under £2k. I can see that ending up on a Focus ASBO :dont know:

Seagull said:
1/ My car is a 1992 so I don't think the DVLA would let me put it on my car

Err... Did you mean to say your car is a 1892? In which case you are correct... :wink:

However a plate with an A at the end can go on anything built after 1961 I think :?:

And I believe this plate could be white on black due to its age?

Message for Wattie.
Ido not know if you are interested in registrations but just checking the numbers for sale at the next DVLA auction the following is for sale

WAT7IE for £450

Looking at the prices acheived over the last couple of auctions it will probably go for that figure or up to £750 maximum.

Just to let you know.

Ian.

I bet TAR66A buys it and then tries flogging it to his new best friend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back