Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cayman ClubSport - Its coming !

Daniel

A lightweight Porsche Cayman Clubsport is being prepared by the German sports car company, Autocar has learned.

The stripped-out Porsche Cayman Clubsport goes on sale in the UK in October. It marks the first time that Porsche has offered a hardcore version of the Cayman, which is intended to meet demand for a version suitable for track days and competition.

Porsche is expected to use the car to establish a new one-make race series. Prices have yet to be confirmed, but a £4k premium over the £44k Cayman S looks likely.

At the heart of the Porsche Cayman Clubsport is a package of weight-saving measures, including a stripped-out interior, lightweight body panels, simplified lighting system and forged alloy wheels that together shave up to 100kg off the kerb weight.

The tradition of previous Clubsport models like the 968CS is to keep the engine and gearbox standard, so expect the Cayman Clubsport to use the new 320bhp 3.4-litre flat six, now with direct injection, from the Porsche Cayman S.

A six-speed manual gearbox and limited-slip differential will be standard.

Thanks to the lower kerb weight, performance will be slightly better than the Cayman S's 171mph and 4.9sec 0-62mph.

Other changes will include a unique body kit with deeper front and rear bumpers and a fixed rear spoiler to replace the retractable unit used on the standard Cayman.

Buyers will be able to order the Clubsport in either standard trim or in race spec – the latter adding a six-point harness, roll cage and fire extinguisher.

:food:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/237264/

Sounds good, will be interesting to see exactly how Porsche place/market it...

Maybe there will be some interesting colour options ?

FRM70 said:
Maybe there will be some interesting colour options ?

IMHO the Viper one looks the best there. Maritime should only be on a 964 and the bronze one (is it Zanzibar?) makes it look like the Nissan Z350

Got to love the blue !?

I think the blue looks great but I'm a big Viper Green fan so that would get my vote, I was thinking of a Cayman S Sport in VG but was told by Porsche east Sussex that HQ had changed their mind about offering it in VG as too many of the 700 buyers had chosen it !!!

Must have changed their mind for the 09 model !

nice pics FRM70

Cayman CS, at £4k over the list of £44k, add a few options then £50k+ :pc:

buy an early Cayman S and turn it into a track day car for half that :?:

Agreed, then take it to those nice chap's at Malton to tweak it and get them to change the colour to the blue or even VIPER GREEN !!! :thumbs:

I love the Cayman in these new (old) colours - which I'm assuming are non-metallic. They look so much better than the dull 'safe' silvers / grays I so often see.

Sundeep, remember the White Cayman at Manthey !

:worship:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back