Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Red calipers?

bg259

Trainee
Does anyone know if I can have the brake calipers on my C2s sprayed red?? Where would I get the paint from and also how would I keep the porsche logo in white?? Has anyone done this?

You've said you have a C2S in your post but in your signature you say its a C2..... :? C2S cars came standard with red calipers so you should have them on anyway (unless a previous owner swapped them for some black ones). If you have a C2, it is possible to have them painted red and have the Porsche logo re-applied. I am sure some on here will be able to advise soon.

~ Maxie

soz typo error.... i have a C2... but i want red calipers like a c2s

http://www.biggred.co.uk/caliperstore4.html#porsche

Though you do know that the C2S calipers are larger, so although you'll get the colour they won't actually look quite the same.

Alternatively pretty much any indy garage will do it for you, when I had a 944 they were refurb'd (in black) by RGA in Vauxhall.

I expect it will invalidate your warranty somehow. :roll:

so does the c2s have bigger brakes than the c2??

bg259 said:
so does the c2s have bigger brakes than the c2??

Yep. Carrera S disks:

front: 330 x 34 mm
rear: 330x 28

Carrera:

Front: 318 x 28
Rear: 299 x 24

Only comment I'd make is if you get them sprayed a different colour - or if you get your calipers respayed full stop (I had my big reds 996 C4S resprayed in situ to touch up some scratches) - make sure they don't get paint on the retaining pin that goes from front to back of the caliper and guides the middle of the pads.

....They did on mine and it was an absolute pig to drift out....... :evil:

When I changed the pads!

How is the white logo normally replaced? On my caliper I can see where chipped there is a lacquer coat over the white text as well as the black base coat. I heard Porsche in Europe are quite hot on templates of the official logo/font being sold openly and having stickers made (pcar.com?) aren't going to last long IMO.

There are plenty of people selling the caliper decals on eBay. As long as the decal is applied before the final lacquer coat is put on there should be no problem witth longevity.

I was really surprised to see this subject discussed. On most of the 964 forums I read it's a subject that's beeen discussed for years. We've seen all sorts of colours - reds, blues, yellows and even pinks! It's a very common thing to do. I've just had mine powder coated (red) by RPM in Cheddington and they look better than original.

For a really good finish you've got to take the caliper off the car otherwise you can't really get enough access to paint it thoroughly. If the original finish is chipped you'll also have to sand or sand blast the caliper to get a decent finished result.

Regards

Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back