Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

RSJ Sports Cars: Service & Maintainence Monthly Payment

RSJ

Morning Gentlemen

As the title indicates,we have from today launched a Service & Maintenance Monthly Payment Plan after much thought and planning.

http://www.rsjsportscars.co.uk

There has been a lot of demand from our own customers that we sell Porsches to and also from Porsche owners who have bought cars elsewhere that want to have a way to have a staggered payment plan to run a Porsche long term.

The plan is open to all Porsches including current models ,the 997 ,Cayman and Boxster 987 for which we have the required latest factory diagnostic tool,the PIWIS system tester 3 as well as factory trained technicians knowing how to use it.
Our only exclusions are the 928 and the 964 which we will not be covering.

Our price is £85 + vat a month for all models payable by direct debit monthly for a 1 year term which can be extended indefintely.

This will include the next scheduled service and and all maintenance work in the one year period INCLUDING wear and tear items & the next MOT.

The customer will be required to pay for all parts except the parts on the continuing services performed which are free of any cost.

We use Mobil oil for all service work.

The annual mileage limit is 12000 miles for this plan.

Any mileage exceeding this can be charged pro rata at the end of the term or during if needed.

We have decided that the initial inspection will comprise of the NEXT SCHEDULED SERVICE so we will need to look at all service books before we take people on or start any inspection work.

The service history does not have to be main dealer but needs to be people we have heard of and are reputable.

Obviously any faults need to be rectified at the customers cost at this point before the plan commences.

One exception to this is that we will NOT insist on weeping rms's to be repaired at the initial inspection as we see it as an unnessary repair unless a clutch needs replacing but obviously it will be taken note of and not eligble for repair any time in the year. This is obviously to the customers benefit.

Any cars with incomplete service histories or work done at non recognised places may have exclusions put in place with regards to future engine failures.

We would prefer to take on cars with complete service histories.
We would advise your service history is faxed to us at the earliest point.

There will be some slight additional labour time added to our published service menu's on our service page for the initial inspection which cannot be fully performed within those prices if a 12k or 24k service is performed or 20k or 40k on new generation cars as the labour times on them dont allow what is required for the more thorough checks that will be required over and above regular servicing.

This will be kept to a minimum as far as possible.

Obviously this initial service and inspection and any immediate remedial work required will be charged at that point to the customer on the day.
Mercedes courtesy cars are available if prebooked.

We are based in Berkshire.
For full details please call us for a chat.

Joel
http://www.rsjsportscars.co.uk

Interesting offer- good to see someone down south offering such a scheme.

Just so I'm clear... two scenarios;

- if, say, my engine let go when serviced under your scheme I would pay for the parts, but the labour would be covered under wear and tear/general maintenance?

- if the brakes needed doing, I'd again pay for parts but not labour?

Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Robertb said:

- if, say, my engine let go when serviced under your scheme I would pay for the parts, but the labour would be covered under wear and tear/general maintenance?

Rob you are correct on both counts

Good to see this post, saw it on pistonheads and wondered when you'd post here...

I'll be looking into this scheme when my OPC warranty runs out... Thumbs up for the guys at RSJ :thumbs:

Oh, and a question. If my clutch eventually needs replacing I pay for parts only, not labour?

RSJ said:
Robertb said:

Rob you are correct on both counts

Excellent- thanks.

Stuart said:
Good to see this post, saw it on pistonheads and wondered when you'd post here...

I'll be looking into this scheme when my OPC warranty runs out... Thumbs up for the guys at RSJ :thumbs:

Oh, and a question. If my clutch eventually needs replacing I pay for parts only, not labour?

Thats correct Stuart

Obviously all clutches will be checked for remaining life at the point of initial service & inspection.

Hi,

Very interesting and very cost efficient. The OPC warranty is £1400 + another £600 minimum for the service.

This RSJ service & maintenance plan costs about £1000 / year and includes all maintenance + associated parts (eg. filters).

The difference is the parts. My main concern is the engine having a catastrophic failure.

If I was under this scheme, would I need to buy a new engine (which is about £6000 + free fitting?), or would you fit your own re-conditioned engines similar to Hartech + warranty?

Or would you use re-conditioned engines sourced from somewhere else (eg. Hartech).

Presumably if the car going onto your plan was already under the OPC warranty scheme you wouldn't be so concerned about the inspection aspect.

Thanks.

GD said:
Hi,

Very interesting and very cost efficient. The OPC warranty is £1400 + another £600 minimum for the service.

This RSJ service & maintenance plan costs about £1000 / year and includes all maintenance + associated parts (eg. filters).

The difference is the parts. My main concern is the engine having a catastrophic failure.

If I was under this scheme, would I need to buy a new engine (which is about £6000 + free fitting?), or would you fit your own re-conditioned engines similar to Hartech + warranty?

Or would you use re-conditioned engines sourced from somewhere else (eg. Hartech).

Presumably if the car going onto your plan was already under the OPC warranty scheme you wouldn't be so concerned about the inspection aspect.

Thanks.

GD

We would repair the engine inhouse if possible.
Our staff are capable of this.
If it was a total loss and uneconomical to rebuild and costing more in parts than an reconditioned unit we would get that from Autofarm in Oxford who have a high skill in this work and charge you for parts only and fit it for free.

All cars will go through an inspection and minimum of oil & filter change regardless of last service as unfortunately a lot people are given a list as long as your arm at an OPC and decline to do any of it.

So if I buy a car from you later this month, purchase your in-house warranty and pay my £85 a month - what might I still need to budget for save tyres and brakes (and fuel of course)? Thanks (very interesting).

Quick question to clarify something that is currently a problem with my OPC warranty(IMO)...
Could I take out your warranty and have mods done to the car and still keep it valid?
Mods would be to increase power, non official PSE or MoBridge IPOD and Bluetooth?

Thanks

This seems to be a good maintenance plan. Joel, your e-mail says that all cars are covered apart from some listed exceptions 964 etc but your website says that all GT3 and turbo are also excluded (but they are not mentioned in your e-mail). Are GT3 and turbo also excluded ?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back