Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Door Rattle

cambsguy

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi,

Anybody offer any advice please , I have an annoying rattle in my passenger side door, can anyone shed any light on how to remove the interior door panel, im terrified that i might blow the door airbag,, !!!!!

thanks
997 C2 2006

Take a look at the Porsche Technical Service Information and follow the GB link... https://techinfo.porsche.com/techinfo/index.jsp

There is no Disassembly Information for the current 997, but the info on the 996 should help a bit. Your best bet is to look at the Parts Catalogue for exploded diagrams of the 997 to see how everything fits together - that should also help somewhat.

Simon.

door rattle

I had that exact same problem too. First I thought it was coming from the glove compartment or the cup holders but it was still there after a thorough check. Then I thought the washers or bushes on the door link-arm had worn because they rattled ever so slightly if you tapped them but the actual rattle was too loud to come from that. Finally isolated it to a plastic/rubber sprung gromet at the bottom of the door frame that fastens the inside door panel assembly to the frame. Check to make sure it is fully and firmly attached. Sound disappeared after that.

Here is a picture of how the door card is affixed.

997_door_panel.png

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe-nee-g
Back