Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Newbie Joining the 911 family

theogeor

Albert Park
After looking for about a year for a 911 (I was aiming for the 997 after reading the forums anonymously) I finally today bought a 911 997 C2. The Specs are as follows
997 C2 3.6 blue metallic 56 Reg (Dec 2006) with 21K on the clock services in December with two brand new tyres and the following equipment
PCM/SatNam, 19 S alloys, Sport suspension, SunRoof, Xenon lights, Parking Sensors, Electric seats, VTS etc.
My dilemma was 997 or 997S and I had a look at few but for 997S I was looking at 2005 models with higher miles.. When I saw this car (saw it twice to make sure I did not miss anything) I thought it was the best value for money I could get... Price I paid was 33500 through a private seller. The condition of the car I would say is almost excellent with just few very minor chips and scratches not visible unless you are close.
I am now looking forward on Monday when I will be collecting it (and paying the balance) and looking to have a great weekend at the end of next week...
Now few issues I have are around from where to get the best (cheapest) Insurance. Quotes I did online gave me cost as low as £680 but with an excess of £650. Is that good or bad ? (Have a garage and I am 37 year old)
The second issue is around child seats. I already have two Mamas&Papas Pro Tour (1.5 year old boy and 2.5 year old girl) and I am hoping I will be able to use them but does anybody in this forum using that car seat ? If not what are the recommendations without spending too much but ensuring kids are safe.
Any other suggestions? What are the things to keep in mind to as to enjoy the car to the maximum?
:D

Welcome :hand:
Car sounds great, but as they always say need photo's.

On the Insurance front, try Academy Insurance services 01179 827051, there a broker, but have insured my cars for the last 2 years through Norwich union. I pay what you have quoted for the GT3, I'm the same age with garage, but +7 years no claims though.

As for enjoying the car, always remember the line from black adder 4." Get in her 7 times a day, and take her to the heaven and back. If you want to max it go track daying :thumbs:

:welcome: :useless:

Great choice of car and there a few post on here regarding child seats.

I too have a 2.5 year old and another on the way. I will be taking my Porsche out today and will take a few pics of the child seats I can fit in my car.

I dont know the makes of the ones you mention but I have seen on fleabay the Porsche ones going for around £150.

check this one out but It looks very different to the other ones I have seen.(it has no back)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/genuine-porsc...14&_trkparms=72:1301|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

:welcome:

Sounds like a great car :thumbs:

:D Finally last night I got my new car.... A bit nervous driving her for the first time from the private seller to my place (around 35 miles) but after few miles she started talking to me.... I hope I will start understanding and have many nice drives together (will post pictures over the weekend)
Now as the Insurance thanks for the responses but I was lucky that my current Insurance provider with very little money has transferred the current one to the new car which it was great as that gives me 4 months to sort it out properly.
And now its Saturday with nice weather so I did manage to put the car seats that I had in the car and took the kids for a drive.... They loved it.......
I am looking forward to more and more enjoyable drives and I hope in the near future I will be able to join some of you guys for a drive day etc.

Attachments

• tg911a_589.jpg
    tg911a_589.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 2,983
  • tg911b_454.jpg
    tg911b_454.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 2,984

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161