Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I've bought a New (used) car guess what?

smtk

Paul Ricard
A smart roadster. Agreed the deal today

Its become some what of a cult classic with only 3 years in production so residuals are solid. 60mpg and auto with petite dimensions makes for a good town car pour moi and a nice learner for the soon to be misses.

Plus i like its quirkiness

no i haven't sold the other two

Attachments

• e87b_3_690.jpg
    e87b_3_690.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 8,466
  • e221_12_173.jpg
    e221_12_173.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 8,466
I tried to get my OH to have a Smart for Two (can't get any of her dogs in the back of a Roadster), but haven't succeeded yet...

Like you, the quirkiness appeals :thumb:

My worst nightmare is an 'ordinary' car ever again! :eek:

(too many years of Maestros, Sierras, Mondeos, Primeras, and other assorted repmobiles to ever wish to go through that again!)

smtk said:
... a nice learner for the soon to be misses.

Hmm - but if she takes her test in it then she will only get a license for an Auto...

:what:

ah she has a Lithuanian licence (which can be convert to UK) so when i say learner i mean getting used to the London mayhem and RHD

Awesome little runaround :thumb:

Driven a For Two and really liked it, i'm sure the Roadster is loads of fun. Enjoy :)

Helped a new work colleague from Argentina but a ForFour recently - seemed very good value if a little underpowered (1.1) - but he was restricted by Insurance.

smtk said:
ah she has a Lithuanian licence (which can be convert to UK) so when i say learner i mean getting used to the London mayhem and RHD

That explains something then...

Did a bit of work in the Baltics in the summer, and all the Lithuanian girls were beautiful :thumb:

.... and most of them were very tall! :eek:

Lucky fella! :thumbs:

Agree with you Wattie - I work alongside one as well, tall and blonde and very very pretty. Half of the office is in love with her.....

~ Maxie :)

Maxie Islam said:
Agree with you Wattie - I work alongside one as well, tall and blonde and very very pretty. Half of the office is in love with her.....

~ Maxie :)

In fact there are so many stunners in Lithuania that one Fashion Model that I met over there has now started selling cars for a living as there isn't enough modelling work to go round!

Probably shouldn't post a pic without her permission... :?:

911uk trip to the Baltics it is then...

Seriously though, how did Simon's post go from buying a roadster to stunning EE women? This place always amuses me by how much we get off topic sometimes :D But it's half the fun...

Stuart said:

Seriously though, how did Simon's post go from buying a roadster to stunning EE women? This place always amuses me by how much we get off topic sometimes :D But it's half the fun...

It's a bit like that stupid thing they do on Radio One sometimes isn't it? :floor:

It is good fun though - as long as the OP doesn't mind their thread being hi-jacked :oops: which I'm sure Simon won't...

PS. The car is for his beautiful Lithuanian fiancee - so not so far off topic! :wink:

Wattie said:
Stuart said:

It's a bit like that stupid thing they do on Radio One sometimes isn't it? :floor:

It is good fun though - as long as the OP doesn't mind their thread being hi-jacked :oops: which I'm sure Simon won't...

PS. The car is for his beautiful Lithuanian fiancee - so not so far off topic! :wink:

I know, good reading though. It makes a change from going off topic to discuss Scott's antics :floor:

so i did a quick Insurance shop about

How should i answer this question;

"How long have the 2nd driver held a licence?"

She had her licence over 9+ years but that's her Lithuanian one her UK one will be as soon as we swap it over in jan. Obviously it had a big impact on the quote

smtk said:
so i did a quick Insurance shop about

How should i answer this question;

"How long have the 2nd driver held a licence?"

She had her licence over 9+ years but that's her Lithuanian one her UK one will be as soon as we swap it over in jan. Obviously it had a big impact on the quote

Hmmm... I would be inclined to be straight with that one. Insurance companies are becoming quite good at finding reasons not to pay out and you don't want to give them an excuse...

Isn't the question normally "How long have you held a full UK licence?" If they are not specific, why not say 9 years and then check the small print when the paperwork comes through? If the paperwork specifies UK licence, you could always call them and explain... Chances are they would stick to the quote and just make a note on file.

So it was £430 for Myself and Milda (with her EU licence)

Really fun to drive, lacks some punch and changes at 3000rpm in auto (fuel save i guess).

But its a peach to drive very happy with it. Tomorrow i will tidy up some odds and ends such as radio code, antenna, book in for a service, various trim screws and plugs

Attachments

• roadster_144.jpg
    roadster_144.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 7,878

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back