Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Here, but what is the overall stance of the 997 refresh?

STEPHENS

COULD I JUST BE BROUGHT UP TO SPEED ON WHAT IS THE GENERAL OPINION OF THIS FORUM ON THE 997 REFRESH?

I HAVE ISSUES WITH THE BACK LIGHTS AND THE SIDE MIRRORS BEING WAY MORE "FATTER" THAN THE PREV. 997. I ALSO DONT LIKE ALL THE TRIPTONIC VERSIONS THAT I SEE ON DEALER LOTS. I ALSO THINK THE PADDLESHIFTING IS A LOST CAUSE. I THINK THE ORIG. 997 WAS A RETURN TO THE 993 ERA, AND PORSCHE KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE PARK. I AM NOT SO SUPPORTIVE OF THE 997 REFRESH. PLEASE TELL ME WHERE I AM GOING WRONG.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

MOD EDIT : CAPS LOCK TITLE UPDATED !

I IS CAPS LOCK

Turning the CAPS LOCK off would be a good start.... :wink:

Having just migrated from an "old" 997 C2S tiptronic to a GenII C4S PDK, I probably have a different perspective. In my opinion the cosmetic tweaks are matter of taste and a lot of people would not be able to tell the two generations apart since the changes are relatively subtle.

Once you get in and drive, though it's a different matter. The new car is quicker, more ecomomical, better laid out in therms of the PCM etc and the PDK gearbox is on a different planet to the old tiptronic. It's just night and day. The buttons are OK as far as I am concerned, as long as you are not constantly longing for an F1 style paddle shift. They do just what you'd expect them to do if you follow the manual.

In all respects, the GenII is a better car IMO but I would say that since I just bought one, I suppose. Still it's OBJECTIVELY a better car too and so it should be. Having said that, any 997 is a spectacular drive compared with the vast majority of cars that are out there.

Happy Holidays to you...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back