Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2006 997 C4S PSM Failure at high speed

jtellez

Hi Folks,

Regards from Mexico.

Few days ago I trade my 2008 Cayman 2.7 that I got it brand new for a used Carrera 4S with 5000+ Km, this 911 is equipped with the GT3 wings/spoilers kit in the back and front

When I tested the car everything looked and feel OK but never really runned more than 200 km/h for a while

The car was allready requesting service because the 2 years old so I forced the owner to take it to the Volkswagen Factory (is here in Puebla) who is the Porsche de Mexico representative.

The factory service the car and I went there and ask for any abnormally issues in the ECU, the technician sayd all was OK so I was confident to trade it for the Cayman and I trade it (+$20K)

The thing is that once I was allready owing it and I took for a speed ride, after some little while at more than 200 Km/h the PSM warning light came up and said "PSM Fail"... I basically "reboot" the car (turn off and on again) and dissapeir... today the failure came up again...

Something to say is that not all the time I drive fast that happends, has happend me twice and only at high speeds...

One friend of mine from the Porsche Club told me that he knew about a case like that and he heard that was the MAF (mass air flow) but sounds irrelevant to me since that is carburation not traction...

Any help I will thank it... if you can also reply to [email protected]

Happy holidays

I seem to remember hearing something about this happening when you hit something of a bump at high speed.

Could that be the problem?

As I recall, you had to 'reboot' just as you did, but it doesn't indicate that there's a fault, just that the system is perhaps a little too sensitive for its own good.

Now I think of it, I'm pretty sure it happened when I was driving a GT3 around the high-speed bowl at Millbrook - although there's no PSM, I think the traction control 'faulted' when I crossed an expansion joint at, well, quite a rapid rate.

thanks John!!!!

makes a lot of sense.... Mexico is not know to have the smoothest roads....

mmm...

I will test further and let u know... for example yesterday the error came up at low speed in a street full of speed bumps (I was pasing them sideways to clear the front spoiler) and error ocurr...

I will be monitoring with this new data....

Regards

jtellez said:
thanks John!!!!

makes a lot of sense.... Mexico is not know to have the smoothest roads....

mmm...

I will test further and let u know... for example yesterday the error came up at low speed in a street full of speed bumps (I was pasing them sideways to clear the front spoiler) and error ocurr...

I will be monitoring with this new data....

Regards

Could well be the sensor 'under' the brake pedal, failure of those can result in something similar.

Oh, welcome to 911uk! :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back