Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

< £30k 997

edward113

Portiacraft have a sub £30k 997 for sale. I realise that the amount of dealer preparation, milage, spec (this is not an S), condition etc. all play a significant part but this is the first model I have seen at a dealer for less than £30k. Am I not paying attention or has anyone noticed any others?
And does anyone anticipate the early models to really accelerate in depreciation come January.

Apologies if everyone is bored of posts on price / depreciation etc.

Hi Edward

Good to see you looking at getting back in to a 911 (poor guy has been without for 2 yrs since I bought his lovely car!) :)

Haven't seen any other 997s that low, that has to be rockbottom but surely a reason for that??

I'm sure there is a reason for it being priced at that level and its in no way what I'm after, but it's just interesting that a significant price barrier is broken.

I still miss the 993c2s though! Your obviously still enjoying (bit of an understatement)

I got a nice spec 997S from an Indie for £32k with 30,000 miles

This is a non S, has 50k miles, is Tip (and poss no Nav)

I see that this car is just reflective of the maket & priced accordingly ie to sell

There are plenty about at about 33k at present, including a red one at an OPC

There are private cars (with higher mileage) below 30k, so this one which has decentish miles and is a tip seems priced according to the current market

997 C2 on AutoTrader at £ 27991. (87000 miles 1 owner, FPSH)

Doesn't sound too cheap for an early C2 with 54,000 miles. Better buys around. For a few extra quid could get a C2S with 40k miles.

I just seen a c2s with nice spec sports exhaust ect with 29k on the clock for £33,000 so for a c2 it's not that cheap.

vincent white said:
I just seen a c2s with nice spec sports exhaust ect with 29k on the clock for £33,000 so for a c2 it's not that cheap.

997 C2S at that price is an attractive proposition. With a tip and sport chrono I'd be tempted to sell C4S and work car and make do!

Mind you 996C4S prices have tumbled as well ............

vincent white said:

Jesus that sounds cheap! - where did you see it???

Steve

how about a 55 plate 2S with 16k miles for £29k and a bit

:eek: - only provisionally sold

at manheim auction today

details from a piston head post

I know it is slightly off topic but some talk of tipronic as a negative in resale terms. I am looking at an auto from an OPC but not sure now? Any thoughts welcome!.

Most Porsches seem to end up in the city, and so a tip box preferred and usually worth a little more - due to saleability factor. I was recently looking at lots of different cars from traders and in general the premium for a tip was approx £1k more than a manual.

I have a tip C2s and its a great drive. Miles better than my 996 C4s.

Steve

Sparkchap said:
I know it is slightly off topic but some talk of tipronic as a negative in resale terms. I am looking at an auto from an OPC but not sure now? Any thoughts welcome!.

I think its fair to say that for the air-cooled models, save for the rare sportmatic, automatic gearboxes are not the preferred option.

In the higher volume models such as the 996 and 997, the tiptronic gearbox has become more popular to the point where in the 997 it may command a premium on the used market. I'd guess the DSG variant will become the more desirable option when they start filtering on to the used market.

Certainly I'd prefer a tiptronic as an everyday car but that is mainly so my better half could use it. ..... good reason to keep the 993 manual 8)

If anyone wants to unload manual 997 cab (S) or not, with sub 20k mileage, bose, 19"'s, heated seats for sensible money give me a PM! Pistonheads is really split at the moment with owners outraged about the amount of "whats it worth" threads.

There has NEVER been a better time to buy a used 911 that I recall. The current enconomic situation coupled with the fact that there has been a shift away from the public wanting "flash" cars, has resulted in the fact that residuals-compared with say 18months ago, have largely collapsed.

I have my head set on a figure, just need to find the right car..

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back