Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Exclusive, official Porsche Panamera images and details...

Porsche News

The Porsche Panamera Gran Turismo is 16.3 feet long, 6.3 feet wide and 4.66 feet tall, with a wheelbase of 9.6 feet. Weight hasn't been disclosed, but its roughly two tons. The most striking detail on the profile shot is the indentations leading from the front fenders, aft of the wheels, into the doors, but the jury is still out on the Panamera's bulbous back end.

The slippery shape and low profile gives the sedan a drag coefficient of 0.29, while an electronically actuated rear spoiler will keep things planted at speed.

An electronic air suspension is part of the package, along with an LSD, and power can be sent to either the rear wheels, or all four, depending on the trim level. Motivation will be provided by a range of engines, beginning with 3.6-litre V6 putting out 300 bhp, and continuing upwards with the 400 bhp, 4.8-litre V8 Panamera S and the Panamera Turbo, packing a twin-turbocharged version of the same bent eight putting out an estimated 500 bhp.

Power will be sent to Porsche's new PDK dual-clutch gearbox and although a diesel model has been ruled out, a V6-hybrid variant with 350 bhp will come along at a later date.

Porsche aims to sell approximately 20,000 units of the Panamera each year, with the automaker estimating that 20% will be the range-topping Turbo model. The Panamera will only be available in S and Turbo guises at launch, with the V6 model following shortly thereafter. Once established, Porsche hopes demand will increase to 50,000 units annually, with sales beginning in the U.S., Europe and Asia next year.

Attachments

• panamera_leak_114.jpg
    panamera_leak_114.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 18,233
  • panamera_450_171.jpg
    panamera_450_171.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 18,180
I hope its a grower...

Big sigh of relief from Maserati and Aston.

It would have looked much nicer with proper boot (which could still have opened as a hatch), or even as an estate.

Somehow, it looks too rear heavy.

more pics revealed over the web

The 4.8 V8 Turbo Model

Attachments

• panamera06_843.jpg
    panamera06_843.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 18,174
  • panamera04_491.jpg
    panamera04_491.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 18,174
  • panamera03_193.jpg
    panamera03_193.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 18,174
  • panamera01_154.jpg
    panamera01_154.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 18,174
  • panamera02_317.jpg
    panamera02_317.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 18,174
  • panamera08_136.jpg
    panamera08_136.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 18,174
Strange looking thing... As you said, why can't Porsche just put a proper boot on the thing rather than trying to make it all 911-ish :?

Hope it looks better in the flesh

I have to say I think that looks a hell of a lot better than I thought it was going to - I'll eat my words on that one! :oops:

The concept is very much the same as a 21st century version of the Jenson Interceptor / FF - which was my hero car when I was about 10 or 11. :D

This makes a lot more sense to me than the Cayenne (especially the diesel), for a sports-car manufacturer and I have to say that I would have one if I was in the market for this type of car (assuming I had any money of course).

Not bad...... all right actually. It does look a bit 911-esque. Perhaps a front engined 911 type car with 5 doors? 50,000 units pa eventully will spell huge depreciation so I'll take a 3 yr old example I guess for about £30k.

~ Maxie :)

I personally think it looks like a 911 hearse, eg like the old stretched Granada's., Mercedes etc.

Steer clear of it in black then!

:nooo:
front looks like a squashed Cayenne, middle like a 911 and the back a Chrysler Crossfire ... what were they thinking?

Attachments

• cross_1_128.jpg
    cross_1_128.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 18,081
  • cross_2_850.jpg
    cross_2_850.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 18,081
Wattie said:
I have to say I think that looks a hell of a lot better than I thought it was going to

I'll have to agree with that. While I certainly don't find it to exactly be a looker, it isn't the outright munter that I feared and was expecting.

Alas I think it's Fugly; not my cup of tea at all. But hey ho - it will sell like hot cakes and it may look better in the flesh...

Awful...

the 911 has been my pin-up car since I was a kid and love the fact they haven't given in to marketing trends by keeping the 911 true to it's design winning look - but this car, what were they thinking? can't they design anything that doesn't look like a 911 on stilts or a strech version?

Hmm, not as bad as first expected IMHO. Looks totally under-wheeled with those twin-5 spokes and side on is just about it's worst angle...but with the right spec/colour/wheel combo it will look pretty good.

I'd still get and S8, RS6 or Quattroporte over it mind.

Taran 8)

"4.66 feet tall"...um, that sounds quite low to me...

Fugly looking car what a shame.

and the winner is the Lambo!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back