Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

A question for the Cayanne owners...is this a common fault?

BruceL

Monza
Hello guys,

As a Cayanne owner, we arent having much luck. We have bought this 3.2V6 from new, having thought it would be a change from the X5.

Anyway, enough of the waffle. We have had numerious problems in the past such as park sensors, air con, handbrake and so on problems.

Please can you explain the following:

Having come off from high speed and slowing down, we get a big clunk. As though its coming from the transmition changing down gear.

Has anyone had this problem?

Please help.

thanks

for some strange reason v6 coil packs cause banging problems on gearchanges , other thing to check are has it had an oil change and if not may be advisable to get it checked and changed...

Also check.....

Diff front bushes tend to loosen or wear(even on low mileage cars).

Re-torquing the bolts to the factory settings can sometimes rectify the issue but others require bush replacement work(but not too big a job).

worth looking at too.......

"although it took over six months! They explained that the longitudinal clutch snaps shut prematurely, causing the clunk or knock. The fix was a modified transmission ECU."

....or just live with it if it's not too much of an issue?

Porscheuro,

Just off the phone to someone who knows a bit more than me about this matter and he thinks there may be a tranny ECU re-flash/version upgrade available from Germany to fix this possible issue?

Maybe you could enquire and reply to the post as I believe that the clunk is a real pain if you own and drive an affected car.

Porscheuro said:
for some strange reason v6 coil packs cause banging problems on gearchanges , other thing to check are has it had an oil change and if not may be advisable to get it checked and changed...

Yes the Cayanne has had an oil service. But didnt think coilpacks would do such a thing! But then again I have heard that these sort of engines coilpacks are a common thing. Will bear that in mind, when gettin it checked out.

wizard993 said:
Also check.....

Diff front bushes tend to loosen or wear(even on low mileage cars).

Re-torquing the bolts to the factory settings can sometimes rectify the issue but others require bush replacement work(but not too big a job).

worth looking at too.......

"although it took over six months! They explained that the longitudinal clutch snaps shut prematurely, causing the clunk or knock. The fix was a modified transmission ECU."

....or just live with it if it's not too much of an issue?

yes thanks for that again. Shocking though as its on low miles and shes had it from new. :x

wizard993 said:
Porscheuro,

Just off the phone to someone who knows a bit more than me about this matter and he thinks there may be a tranny ECU re-flash/version upgrade available from Germany to fix this possible issue?

Maybe you could enquire and reply to the post as I believe that the clunk is a real pain if you own and drive an affected car.

Are you refering to this matter Wizard993? If it is I would be very grateful, but thanks anyway guys!

Damn those VW engines!

~ Maxie

bruce the oil i was referring to being changed is the transmission oil has it ever been done... you need to check the colour of the oil it the box.

coil packs on v6 do cause banging on drive which is very strange and something you wouldn't think would cause such a thing..

as for flash ecu reprogramme there maybe an update for them but will try to find out as all piwis tester now go online for updates

many a tiptronic ecu have been changed and flash updated , and as you know they are always trying to iron out niggles ..

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emb01
Back