Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

hello and help please

123steve909

hello to everyone on the site

I have a 1972 911T with a 911E engine (according to the engine numbers)
and have a couple of questions please firstly

1. gearbox is a 5 speed dogleg but is sloppy, so far i have replaced the bushes and is is still sloppy and crunching first and second. i am looking for a recon box really but cant seem to identify the box fitted if anyone has any tips that would be great. or even if there is a better box that i should be looking at, any ideas would be really great.

2. the car is a 72 911T that should be painted green but in the late 80s someone painted it black and fitted it with a modern kit and wheels. should i be looking to find the original parts (ebay etc) and put it back to original or just enjoy it as it is

3. i would like to waxoil the underneath, is there any guides about on the best way to do this?

i really would be gratefull for any help or ideas

thanks
steve

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back