Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Deleting Dash clock adding a vent

smtk

Paul Ricard
Early 911s don't have all that modern aircon so a popular mod is to delete the clock and add a vent in its place with ducting going to the front of the car.

You can use various vents from other cars to do this but i though the normal ones looked too modern. So i went out an bought a retro 2004 mini eyeball vent.

A lot of sanding and cut knuckles later this is what we have

Still needs fixing in, ducting and tidying up (perhaps a bezel for the outside, any one know where i can pick up the correct colour black one?)

Attachments

• 2_223.jpg
    2_223.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 3,548
  • 1_178.jpg
    1_178.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 3,548
  • 3_111.jpg
    3_111.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 3,548
now thats a good idea!!! do you not get fresh air from the centre vent though? id do but not much... where does the ducting run?

the centre vent air is lack luster (also noisey) and doesn't have enough articulation to hit the centre of my body

As for where the ducting goes not sure. I will ask tuthills next time I'm down there. I think i might go via the fuel filler hole and then along the front wing to the horn grill

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe-nee-g
Back