Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection

911UK

Administrator
Staff member
Fraud warning for all.

We have been aware of a fraudster using the username "rennner_joee"

Who has send a classic Fraudster email as below. The account of this user has been terminated.

It is a sad fact in this modern age, that fraudsters operate, therefore if you are buying or selling please be aware of the "Fraud Protection" advice in the following 911uk pages.

Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection

Dear ,
Thanks for the mail,so i will like to have you read carefully this mail,and then mail me back,so we can concludes the transaction withing the shortest time.

On the delivery,my Shipping/Freight agent will do that along with you at your place,so never mind about that,and my offer is the sum of £xx,xxx
On this note,i wants you to now send me the following details for the payment:
1. FULL NAME .................................................
2. HOME ADDRESS .........................................
CITY.............................................................
STATE.........................................................
ZIP/POSTAL CODE.......................................
COUNTRY....................................................
3. OFFICE/HOME PHONE.................................
MOBILE PHONE............................................

I wants you to know that the actual payment will comes on a cheque of sum of money higher than your asking price,been the refunds from the car i earlier buy and was found to be in bad condition than i was informed before i paid.

But due to company's policy,account and book keeping,this refunds could only be issued and paid out in one fold by a single cheque,hence why i will directs that the company footing the refunds issued out my refunds to you.

You will then have to cash the cheque from your bank,after then deducts you own sum,and my Shipping/Freight agent will come for the pick-up,as it's the Freight agency policy delivery to my final destination of need.

Once you could assured me of the readiness to work with the Shipping/Freight agent after you have cashed the payment and deducted you own money,then,you should be assured of the payment in due date.

Thanks and waiting to hear from you back.
Renner Joe
Phones: +44-703-186-0146 (calls only )
+44-702-402-5139 (calls only )

Scam alert - affecting those selling Porsche

Apologies if this has been covered before, but I thought it was worth a post.

I've had my 996 C4 up for sale on the classified on the site for the last couple of weeks. On Friday 19 Sep I received the following private message from a Joe Renner (a new member with no posts at that time). The message read as follows:

Dear,
Just saw your advert for this ITEM meant for sale.
Please mail me back if you stil have it for sale.

Also,send me answers to these questions:
1.REASON WHY SELLING ?
2.MECHANICAL HISTORY ?
3.ANY MORE PICTURES TO VIEW ?

4.LAST ASKING PRICE ?

Thanks and get back to me without delay.
RENNER JOE

Phones: +44-703-186-0146
+44-702-402-5139
Email: [email protected]

The wording was a little strange, but it appeared genuine enough so I dutifully replied. Then Monday 22 Sep I received the following email:

Dear ,
Thanks for the mail,so i will like to have you read carefully this mail,and then mail me back,so we can concludes the transaction withing the shortest time.

On the delivery,my Shipping/Freight agent will do that along with you at your place,so never mind about that.
On this note,i wants you to now send me the following details for the payment:
1. FULL NAME .................................................
2. HOME ADDRESS .........................................
CITY.............................................................
STATE.........................................................
ZIP/POSTAL CODE.......................................
COUNTRY....................................................
3. OFFICE/HOME PHONE.................................
MOBILE PHONE............................................

I wants you to know that the actual payment will comes on a cheque of sum of money higher than your asking price,been the refunds from the car i earlier buy and was found to be in bad condition than i was informed before i paid.

But due to company's policy,account and book keeping,this refunds could only be issued and paid out in one fold by a single cheque,hence why i will directs that the company footing the refunds issued out my refunds to you.

You will then have to cash the cheque from your bank,after then deducts you own sum,and my Shipping/Freight agent will come for the pick-up,as it's the Freight agency policy delivery to my final destination of need.

Once you could assured me of the readiness to work with the Shipping/Freight agent after you have cashed the payment and deducted you own money,then,you should be assured of the payment in due date.

Thanks and waiting to hear from you back.
Renner Joe
Phones: +44-703-186-0146 (calls only )
+44-702-402-5139 (calls only )

Fishy doesn't begin to describe it - I've no intention of replying as it's clearly a scam of some sort. I'm pretty sure if I did I'd get an email back requesting bank details.

Stay safe out there!

If anyone genuine's looking for a nice 996 C4 though...

What happens is you refund the difference in cash, and then he stops the cheque (yes you can stop them up to two weeks after it was presented apparently!)

So you end up with no car, no money, and have actually paid him some cash as well :wack:

IMO you would have to be as tick as da too short planks to be dupeid in dis way man ! :floor:

Re: Scam alert - affecting those selling Porsche

Doc Croc, thanks for your post

The site became aware of this issue on the 19th and account of this user as been terminated on the same day.

It appears that they may have sent emails to many sellors on the site, before we were able to deal with this account.

We have also posted up in the For Sale section a thread on this matter.

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=38740

Please refer to the Fraud Protection pages for more advice
http://911uk.com/template.php?page=59

regards
911uk

And you'll find those phone numbers have magically stopped working...

kryten said:
And you'll find those phone numbers have magically stopped working...

and no doubt pay as you go too :)

He contacted me about my car, but never got as far as asking me for any information. Well he did and I just said see my profile in the Owners Garage and he never contacted me again. :)

Jeff said:
and no doubt pay as you go too :)

NO! Its a common mistake to make to think that these are mobile numbers.

Numbers starting 070 are personal numbers which allow the owner of the number to redirect the call ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD.

Even apparently landline phone numbers are no longer any guarantee that the person you are speaking to is where the number appears to come from, so be especially careful!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back