Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PSE group buy prices

fraserb

Looking at a group buy for PSE. This has been running on 996 area but deal is there for 997 owners so thought I'd copy it over here.

OK chaps, if we can get six people to commit, best price I can get is £1450 fitted for 996 or £1350 for 997. This is with OPC Colchester. List price is over £2k.

Apparently makes little or no difference to cost if made non switchable so why bother.

Give it some thought and if still interested please flag it here and drop me a mail at [email protected]. I will give it till next week - back from Ring on Monday - and once I have final numbers – this is up on PH and 911uk - I will double confirm prices (maybe little more if we can't get six). Once go ahead agreed will probably leave it to individuals to arrange fit with Porsche Colchester.
Cheers

Hi Fraser,
Your prices are quite a way off.
I've attached the accessories prices for 997 - as you can see there are two prices - with and without Chrono.

I paid considerably less than that, but that was an add-on to a car I was buying from the OPC, so may not reflect the price they will charge you.

I suggest you contact OPC Cardiff - they did my deal!

Hope this helps...

Attachments

• 997_accessories_prices_102.jpg
    997_accessories_prices_102.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 5,775
...and re the switchable thing, with Chrono the OPC supplied PSE switches via the Sport button, and without Chrono they add a switch to the PASM panel.

...either way you will almost certainly end up unplugging the brown connector in the engine bay, and having it loud all the time!

...and don't forget to get your old exhaust back in the PSE box so you can sell on ebay (tailpipes alone can go for £50+)

can't seem to open/read your attachment so can't see the prices you talk about. Being a 996 owner, not au fait with all nuances of the 997 system but just feeding back the best costs quoted to me having spoken to four/five OPCs.

I have to say, the prices looked good to me though I haven't specifically researched. I thought it was more expensive if you didn't have Sports Chrono because of the need to install a separate switch.

Mighty tempted I have to say ....

just spoken again to my contact there and he confirmed that the price he gave me for 997 will hold no matter if you have (and pls forgive my ignorance here) PASM, sport chrono or whatever. And they'll lend you a shiny new 997 courtesy car whilst being fitted :)

Can't open/read the price list, but I suspect these are for factory fitted options, which will of course be less than aftermarket add-ons by an OPC.

As I posted on the 996 forum, you will pay around double for the privilege of getting a PSE fitted at the OPC, but there are two big things working in their favour:
1. it will almost certainly be classified a original equipment by your insurers, so won't attract higher premiums
2. the switch gets fitted in the proper place, i.e. in the PASM panel rather than hidden away on the centre console

I believe that £1350 represents a discount of around 15% on the prices quoted by most OPCs (including East London who are owned by the same group as Colchester) and I have told Fraser by PM that I will almost go for this deal. Apart from the price, what swung it for me, was the liklihood of getting a new 997 demonstrator to play with whilst they do the work :thumbs:

Clive

£1758.78 without Chrono - PSE button is added
£1582.81 with Chrono - existing sport button is used
I paid £1300

...and these are the aftermarket prices. There wouldn't be much point in me attaching the Factory prices, would there?

Instead of doing all this group buy and forum stuff, why not just phone up your local OPC and talk to them? They are all very quiet at the moment, and need to fill workshops that should have been carrying out Approved check on the influx of 58 plate trade-ins!

precisely what i have been doing.

As you said, you got it done when buying the car from same OPC and got a great price as a result of making it part of the deal but the price I've got is only £50 for 997 more than you paid. Seen several posts from people saying they 'had it done for ten quid' but never seems to come to owt when i speak to the OPC concerned - one told me it was over 2 years ago! Anyway, I've done my bit and folks can take it or leave it.

I'm sworn to secrecy over the price I paid for the car, suffice it to say there's a lot to be said for getting off ones hind quaters and letting ones fingers do the walking right now!

Must say, I'm very happy with my PSE (Part of this group buy). I was quoted 1950 from Chiswick in September, so was more than happy with Fraser's work with Colchester and the £1350 tag. Car was collected from Central London, no hassle at all. A good experience with them, I'm considering using them for my 40k service since they collect, even though it's quite out of the way.

The PSE - exhaust note is great. I was reading about people saying it needs to be disconnected all the time to get full sound, but with it 'enabled', it doesn't seem subdued at all. I know it doesn't increase power, but it *sounds* a lot faster - so what if it's psychological!

Recommended, and top job Fraser.

Ian

:yeah:

:thumbs:

Clive

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back