Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

A couple of quick questions for a new Boxster owner

Guernsey

These may be silly questions, but here goes:

1. How often should the engine blower blow, as mine seems to be on quiet a bit?

2. Should the exhaust sound like it's blowing from under the rear wheel arches at low rev's - you know that loud ticking sound?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Nigel

The engine blower may be the airconditioning fans. Try turning the aircon off, and see if the noise stops.

Can't comment on the exhaust noise- take it to the garage and have them listen to it if you want peace of mind.

noises

i haven't noticed the engine fan despite having aircon on.

i do have the same exhaust sound experience so maybe its normal. mines a 2004 2.7 which i have recently bought so not yet been in to the Indie.

I had another odd one which was on operating the remote unlocking i sometimes get a loud clicking sound from the dash board for about 5-10 seconds before it stops. Not all the time though. Ever got that one?

K

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back