Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Recommendation - Elite detailing

tomw

Hi all,

first post here, though I do post occasionally on 'the other place'.
Very new to Porsche - got a 04/06 seal grey C2S (997) at the end of April this year from OPC Silverstone. Had only done 5.5k miles! (has done 10.5k miles now though:)).

Anyway detailing:

Last week I had Gucharn from Elitedetailing.co.uk come and detail my car and my friend's 'vette z06.

I've had the (seal grey) C2S since the end of April and the standard wax that the OPC had put on, I could tell was begining to come off (though stuff on windows seemed to be holding up fine). I wanted the bodywork protecting as much as possible from the elements (we've alot of trees at home and it'll be late autumn before we've garage space for the porker - though I've also just bought, though not set up a carcoon...) and wanted it so that when I give it a good, quick clean it would look tip top.

Having read other recommendations on here and elsewhere I decided to use Gucharn from Elite. I was fascinated by the 'paint correction' process and we decided on the Royale finish.

After the paint correction process, the car looked like a completely different colour (I mean that in a good way), the colour was deep and full of lustre and there were no marks at all on it (other than where there were already a few stone chips). Let me just run over that again - no marks AT ALL. None of those swirly tiny scratches many of us impart to our vehicles when doing a 'normal' wash. It was that good, I even thought it was finished - but no, the next stage was the Royle polish bit.

Now, I have to say, I have NEVER had even a 'normal' valet on a car or used any other 'detailer', so have little to compare this to other than the previous condition of my car - but the final results were astonishing. The shine was incredible. I was (almost) speechless. The wheels also looked amazing.

(I've not seen my mates Z06 yet - but I've spoken to him and he's equally happy).

Obviously you have to pay for the privelege. But I think if you factor in the cost of the products used and the time (2days per car if paint corrected - I assume longer if you have interior done, I didn't) - this is actually very good value when you consider the experience and ability of Gucharn and the quality of the results. I am sure we will definitely go for an annual 'top up' later on in the year (or probably early next year).

Shame it's been raining since and now I am desperate to order all the recommended products and accessories (which I know I can do from Gucharn's site very shortly) to keep the car up to scratch (excuse the pun..) until I next get Gucharn over.

I'm not affiliated to Elite in any way. Just passing on my experience for anyone else considering a similar service - the photos on his site genuinely do not do justice to the results. Credit where credit is due - the guy's a craftsman and I was more than happy to leave my vehicle in his car.

Tom

Congrats and well done G another happy customer. When does the site go live??

By the end of the day I think................

while my car was at op in sutton I had it valeted, £125 which I thought was steep. Came out of the showroom and walked straight past thinking it was a new one. Good work will have some more of that

Here are some pictures of the above mentions car.

Seal Grey 997S

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_9997.jpg

Regards
EliteDetailer

New Threads

Forum statistics