Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone used Autostrasse

acme

Sao Paulo
Has anyone used Autostrasse in Coggeshall, positive and negative comments/experiences appreciated. Primarily for servicing, but for other things to, and does anyone have their web address, doesn't appear to be on google?!

Thanks

The dealer Paul Stephens uses them and says they are very good. They gave my car a good service before I bought it and there don't appear to be any issues. I haven't had any contact since as I live about 400 miles away.

There isn't a web address on their invoice but the telephone number is 01376 562 922. You could contact Paul Stephens and I am sure he can give you some more information about them. 01440 714 884.

NTLSM, many thanks for your reply and the telephone number.

Seemingly nobody/few people have used Autostrasse, but if anyone out there has any tails etc to tell it would be appreciated.

Cheers

I would recommend Autostrasse. I have used them to service my 993tt three times and have only had good experiences. The only downside as far as I'm concerned is that they no longer get MOT's done for you. They do not have a web site - you just have to telephone.

Martin - thanks for the response, certainly like the fact that they've been consistent in their levels of service, I understand it's a very small outfit with two Porsche trained guys.

One question, from a sevice book point of view are they recognised as one of the 'good' Independents, my car since it left OPC's has only had decent ones service it as such, and this is something IMO which is imperative.

Cheers

Acme - they are recognised as a "good" independent. I wouldn't use them if they were not !

This is an old post but I just came across it and want to add a comment.

Autostrasse has serviced my 993 for the last 8 years and wild horses wouldn't make me go anywhere else. Nobody on the planet knows more about 993s. :thumb:

willfinch36 said:
They have closed now :(

Will, I think you must be thinking of someone else. I just called them and Autostrasse is very much in business.

They serviced my car a month ago, yet again, doing a great job as always. I've used them since 2004 and they get my personal Gold Seal of Approval!

For the record, as they don't have a web site, their contact details are:

Unit 31
Priors Way
Coggeshall Industrial Park
Coggeshall
Essex
CO6 1TW
01376 562922

david993 said:
willfinch36 said:

Will, I think you must be thinking of someone else. I just called them and Autostrasse is very much in business.

They serviced my car a month ago, yet again, doing a great job as always. I've used them since 2004 and they get my personal Gold Seal of Approval!

Unit 31
Priors Way
Coggeshall
Essex
CO6 1TW
01376 562922

They just called me to tell me that they shut on the 5th April and had to cancel the services I had booked in on the 9th....

willfinch36 said:
david993 said:
willfinch36 said:

Unit 31
Priors Way
Coggeshall
Essex
CO6 1TW
01376 562922

They just called me to tell me that they shut on the 5th April and had to cancel the services I had booked in on the 9th....

Will, apols - you're quite right. I just called again and spoke to Harvey. They are indeed closing due to retirement. (Don't know who I spoke to earlier but it wasn't Alan, Ken or Harvey.)

What on earth am I going to do :sad:

...this is bad news for Essex Porsche owners - Autostrasse are (were?) a great bunch. The news seems a bit sudden so i hope everything well with Alan, Ken, et al.

Will

That's a real surprise, most indies are doing very well so to just shut up shop is remarkable given they have that corner of the world to themselves.

Mine is currently in with Howard Watts of Riddlesdell Brothers as I had heard that the closure may have been coming.

Howard's a great guy and not too much further away (closer for me!). If you've never come across Howard he owns two of the most recognised Martini Turbo 930's in the country (one white and one black).

Knows his aircooled stuff, but getting very busy now that Ken, Alan and Harvey aren't going to be around.

Had heard that Harvey might try to do something on his own, but just a rumour at the moment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back