Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Vivid Racing Project Car, 2007 997 Turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

VividracingUK

Trainee
Vivid Racing has just begun another chapter in its project car life with the edition of their Project 997 Turbo. This 2007 car was picked up with only 3000 miles. Featuring ever option including the limited Slate Gray paint with matching 19" wheels, 6piston Porsche big brakes, paint match center console, carbon trim, sport seats, suede roof line, and even the Porsche center locking diff. This car has everything and had a sticker price of $149,000!!!

Well it is in the hands of Vivid Racing now. With the success of our Project Porsche 996C2 and 996TT, it was the best decision for us to continue on with the 997TT to keep serving our Porsche customers with new, innovative, and affordable products that make a difference.

Our car choice was between this and the new Skyline GTR and when it came down to it, this was first. Dont worry, the GTR is still coming to the Vivid Racing family eventually.

So what is on deck for this 997TT? Everything to make others cry. Lets talk about some parts:

Softronic ECU Mapping
JIC Cross Stainless Steel Exhaust with Ti Tips
Agency Power Carbon Fiber Intake Kit
Agency Power Intake Plenum
Agency Power High Flow Intake Kit relocated
Agency Power Intercoolers Bar and Plate
Agency Power Boost Hoses Silicone
Agency Power Boost Recirculating Valve
Agency Power Adjustable Control Arms
JIC Cross Suspension
HRE P43 in Textured Black
GT2 rear spoiler from MAShaw
RUF style front bumper
TA Style side skirts
GT2 Rear Bumper
Agency Power Short Shifter Kit
Clutch Masters Clutch Upgrade
GT3071r Turbo Kit with external 44mm wastegates

We also be doing stage kits for customers. Stay tuned as the new wave that hit the 996C2 and 996TT world is now coming for the 997TT.

You can view our current Porsche 997 Turbo Catalog Here - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/index.php?class_9=5153&my_type_id=8&class_8=38

Here are some pics of the car bone stock which we received yesterday.
View Full Gallery Here - http://www.vividracing.com/forums/gallery/browseimages.php?c=342

IMG_0345a.jpg

IMG_0346a.jpg

IMG_0350a.jpg

IMG_0351a.jpg

somebody give that man a purple heart ASAP.....go usa GO USA!

......wish it was mine :cry:

Day 1 with the VR 997TT Gets HRE Wheels

Wow Wow Wow. Only 1 day old and we have started. First today we started with a baseline dyno run on the car. The room was about 95 degrees so we are going to rerun it at a later time. Car did in sport mode on our Mustang All Wheel Drive Dyno about 390 horsepower. It should see closer to 400. Remember it is bone stock. A stock 996TT runs about 340-350 awhp and with a flash, exhaust, and diverter valves puts close to 410 on our dyno. So out of the box, this one is strong!

I have been dying to put something different on the car. Years of Volks, Advans, IForged... I finally got the Rolex of wheels with the new HRE P43 Monoblock wheels in 19". The textured black finish looks AMAZING on the slate gray finish. The front wheels are 19x8.5 and rear are 19x11. Factory Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 fit no problems and so did the TPMS. Why I choose HRE is because of the strength and weight. HRE is one of the only wheel houses that is actually cutting there own wheels in house. There are many technical differences that seperate them. HRE is able to do truly specific offsets because of the forging they get and ability to cut the pad down. You will notice that with the HRE, the spokes on their monoblocks go ALL the way to the end. There is no rolled lip edge like on other brands that get the same forgings and then machine them down.

Having had HRE come out to the Vivid Racing facility to discuss the wheels construction, functionality, and differences, I can say we are officially certified in HRE products. Not to mention we are the largest dealer in Arizona and stock wheels here.

Check out our entire HRE catalog here - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/wheels-and-tires-hre-wheels-c-4542_4825.html

IMG_0369a.jpg

IMG_0373a.jpg

IMG_0374a.jpg

IMG_0375a.jpg

IMG_0376a.jpg

IMG_0377a.jpg

IMG_0378a.jpg

Stunning car and the wheels suit it so well - perfect offset 8)

I do like those new wheels and on loads of other cars think they would look perfect but I like the original Turbo wheels a lot and think they are very hard to improve on........

If you would like me to promote those wheels in the UK I would be happy to receive a set gratis. IMO they look the dogs 8)

You mention awhp of 390 how does this equate to the more UK recognised BHP. I believe a standard 997tt should be chucking out 480+. What ultimately do you want to do to this car?

Hi Vivid folks,

I am in AZ in August, ok for me to call in and say hi?

Bought a BM kit from you about a year ago.

Baseline Dyno Done on Project 997TT w/Video

We did the baseline dyno on the car and it was on par with the other ones we have done. Complete stock in standard mode, the car made 387awhp and 411ft/lbs of torque on our Mustang AWD Dyno. If you give it a 20% drivetrain loss, that is pretty good! Compared to a 996TT which dynos at around 335awhp, this car is MUCH stronger. Now that we have a baseline we can follow up with our exhaust and ECU test to show the differences.

Here is a video of the run (no sound ooops) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUsOGK4pZ6s

Scan10478a.jpg

Project 997TT adds JIC Cross Exhaust System - Big Gains!

Our next stage on our Project Porsche 997TT was to put on an exhaust and free up the exhaust flow. Turbo cars biggest restriction is always the intake and exhaust system. Once these are opened up, the stock turbo performance will be maximized. A turbo car really does not need back pressure, but in that case, if you had straight pipes, it would be LOUD. JIC Cross of Japan developed this exhaust system to produce strong horsepower, but also have a great sound without droning in the cabin. Part of their exhaust, the JIC system can be ordered in full titanium or as seen here in all stainless steel. The exhaust uses 200cell catalytic converters so there are no issues with check engine lights. The quad tips add a much improved tuner look and are integrated into the piping for improve exhaust flow.

We tested the exhaust in both sport and non sport mode to show the results of how the system plays out. Sound clip will come later. Driving on the roads in the 2400-2800 RPM range, the exhaust does not have that "drone" that other systems have. The exhaust does roar when you step into it.

The car baseline run without sport was 387awhp and 411 tq. Without sport mode on and just the exhaust installed, the car made 412awhp and 417 tq. With sport mode on and the exhaust, the car put down 425awhp and 440 tq on our Mustang Dyno. The numbers on all these tests could be alot hire due to one issue, heat... The average room temperature was about 105F degrees. Cooler temps, better air flow, and fans placed DIRECTLY on the intercoolers, we would probably see an increase of around 15hp.

Next up is our Softronic ECU upgrade which will hopefully bring us closer to the 500awhp mark!

Check out all the Porsche 997TT parts including exhausts and suspension available here - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/index.php?class_9=5153&my_type_id=8&my_value=38&class_8=38

Scan10479a.jpg

IMG_0427a.jpg

IMG_0426a.jpg

IMG_0424a.jpg

View the rest of the install and project car photos here - http://www.vividracing.com/forums/gallery/browseimages.php?c=342

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LB_85
Back