Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche to Move Boxster & Cayman Production to Austria

Porsche News

Porsche has chosen Magna Steyr to take over Boxster and Cayman production after the contract with Finland's Valmet Automotive expires in 2011. Porsche states the Austrian enterprise secured the contract because it submitted the most financially attractive offer, and because it is in a position to take on development tasks for Porsche sports cars.

Holger P. Hà¤rter, Deputy Chairman of Porsche SE, and as Chief Financial Officer responsible for the allocation of commissioned production, comments: 'Over the last eleven years, Valmet has built more than 200,000 sports cars of outstanding quality for us. Our decision not to continue our successful cooperation is in no way a vote against Valmet. Rather, it was the high development capacity and competence

Attachments

• finland1_393.jpg
    finland1_393.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 3,186
I'll have to dig out my "Lederhosen and Tyrolean Hat" in future when visiting the OPC.
Big Bob :floor:

production line are practacing their communication skills.

alphornblaeser.jpg

Great pic Helen. A "feather" in your cap I would say.
Big Bob :bye:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back