Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

bought myself a new toy.

helen Goff

Sao Paulo
a Blood orange 1968 911S which is SWB and a RHD original UK spec car.

needs a little TLC to get it up to the standard i expect of my cars But for the price i paid i'm delighted with it :thumbs:

2593665290_32bbd8a0a1_b.jpg

2541192073_c967878722_b.jpg

Which one did you get rid of Helen? or is it another addition to the collection?

that is gorgeous. what are the maintenance / hassle factor of these beauties? i've longed for a pre 73 911 for ages. These are getting expensive now especially the S versions and in RHD.

Very nice Helen, looks like Larry is going to have a busy Summer.

How many Porsches is that now, Helen?

~ Maxie :)

Seagull said:
Which one did you get rid of Helen? or is it another addition to the collection?

I have sold both my 993 targa and also my 1969 911t

You certainly have an eye for the classics, very nice... :thumbs:

st said:
that is gorgeous. what are the maintenance / hassle factor of these beauties? i've longed for a pre 73 911 for ages. These are getting expensive now especially the S versions and in RHD.

provided these cars are used and preferably garaged then maintainance is no greater cost wise than running a modern porsche. parts are comparitivley cheap, theres really no gdgets or much to go that wrong.
its the trim and decrative bits that cost a lot.

But these cars do suffer if they are not regularly used. things seize up and damp can get in. :eek:

Road tax is FREE, classic insurence is cheap, petrol is used in about the same quantities, oil they tend to use a little more (possably) than a modern porsche. and over all prices of pre 1973 Porsches are still apprechiating. :food:

Down side compared to a modern porsche is. They tend to be noisey, the best aircon/air flow is to open the window, which means you need scarfs,hats gloves in winter and it can be like driving around in a suna in the summer. these cars do not like crawling for miles in heavy traffic. they also object strongly to sort trips. once they are started they really need to be drivien for at least an hour.
having said that i use my cars every day for even the 3 mile tescos run or to the gym.

:worship:
Very nice, more pictures please..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back