Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted-964 g pipe/cat bypass/mid section bypass

sambo964

has anyone got a g pipe, mid section thro pipe, and a cat bypass? cash waiting

ex

do you think this will be to loud???? :D
any suggestions that someone has heard or tried??

I have heard a 964 with a straight through exhaust and believe me, whilst it sounds glorious, it is BLOODY loud.

A cat by-pass and a cup pipe (replaces the central silencer) will take you up to about 107/108 dB which will prevent you getting on almost all track days. I have that configuration plus a Cargraphic induction and a specially made silenced exhaust tip and just creep onto the noisy track days (which are 105 dB) with 104 dB. With the central silencer back in place of the cup pipe, I am down to 99 dB.

I would imagine the straight through configuration would be about 112/113 dB. Bear in mind that an increase of 3 dB A is the equivalent of doubling the volume.

Seagull said:
I would imagine the straight through configuration would be about 112/113 dB. Bear in mind that an increase of 3 dB A is the equivalent of doubling the volume.

That's ASBO spec! :lol:

ex

what do you think would sound better?
1. leave the cat in, straight thro pipe instead of middle section, and g pipe on the end?
or
2. take the cat out, leave the middle section in, and use a g pipe

any suggestions?? or going a bit to loud? i have personally never heard one

Getting rid of the Cat and the centre silencer will shed the most weight from behind the rear wheels (and still keep the sound within reason) which will help the handling the most. If you don't intend to track it regularly, then it's up to you.

Personally, I'd buy the cat by-pass, cup pipe and G pipe and play about until you find something that works for what you want and then stick the remaining bits on eBay.

Depends on the year of your car. Early (pre 91?) 964's can get through MOT with no cat.
Have a stock system myself, but from what I've read, removing primary and secondary silencers is too much. Certainly for your neighbours.

ex

thats handy its an 89/90 i think, de cat, thro pipe and g pipe to much????
but thats all the fun, dont like 1 neighbour anyway so worth it!!!!! :D
does anyone no where i can get any of these any cheaper???
1. cat bypass- stainless £199
2. mid section thro pipe £125
3. g pipe £99

Noise is not a construction issue in the UK, so no car will fail an MOT on that. It only becomes an issue if people (neighbours) complain, then the police can get involved and it becomes anti-social behaviour

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back