Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

No more buzzing

Boxsey

Finally got round to doing one of those little jobs I've been meaning to do for ages. Solve the buzzing noise in the dash caused by the CCU fan.

So today I took out the CCU unit and took apart the little fan housing on the back, cleaned it up and put it back together. Now it no longer buzzes while driving or for that 20 minutes after you turn off the ignition :thumbs: .

For those that want to do it you need a radio removal tool (two bent pieces of wire) to get the unit out. Check for cable ties at the back which might hamper you whilst pulling it out.

i did that job the day i got the car, whilst waiting in a car park for someone. It was really irritating me :D

We should make it a sticky for the FAQ

demonfish said:
i did that job the day i got the car, whilst waiting in a car park for someone. It was really irritating me :D

We should make it a sticky for the FAQ

A pic of the unit and fan before moving to the FAQ for future reference :wink:

CCUfan.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back