Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche hard top (911/ 996)

////m

this hard top is from a 996 convertible, in guards red. its in excellent condition and will transform the look to a coupe

450 ono

e969_1.jpg

umm, where's the car that came free with this?

(You might know this already, but 911 cabrio's all came with the hard top as standard. So when selling the cabrio, an experienced buyer would expect the hard top. If you know this, or no longer have the car, or found the hard top lying on a skip somewhere, just ignore my waffling)

wagonface said:
umm, where's the car that came free with this?

(You might know this already, but 911 cabrio's all came with the hard top as standard. So when selling the cabrio, an experienced buyer would expect the hard top. If you know this, or no longer have the car, or found the hard top lying on a skip somewhere, just ignore my waffling)

That's what I thought. Can't see any Cab owner buying this when they already have one that was supplied free anyway. Perhaps one could force-fit it onto their Golf cabrio instead :D

~ Maxie

I believe that they did not come as standard until something like the 2003 model year (but sure someone can come along and correct me :? ) and were for a time (as with the 997) an option which cost something like £1,800 :?:

uuf361 said:
I believe that they did not come as standard until something like the 2003 model year (but sure someone can come along and correct me :? ) and were for a time (as with the 997) an option which cost something like £1,800 :?:

They were standard on the ealier 996s as well. Probably to make up for the pig's bladder rear window. Only an option on the 997 AFAIK.

Jay T said:
uuf361 said:

They were standard on the ealier 996s as well. Probably to make up for the pig's bladder rear window. Only an option on the 997 AFAIK.

I stand corrected Sir.....must have been the OPC's patter then when I was looking at one without :(

uuf361 said:
Jay T said:
uuf361 said:

I stand corrected Sir.....must have been the OPC's patter then when I was looking at one without :(
Did he also happen to mention that your prospective purchase came with bulletproof residuals? :floor:

Jay T said:
uuf361 said:
Jay T said:
uuf361 said:

Did he also happen to mention that your prospective purchase came with bulletproof residuals? :floor:

Mmm, not quite but he was trying to persuade me towards buying a Meridian Pink one :floor:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back