Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Baby Cayenne Spotted at the Ring ! update...

Porsche News

Look away now :hand:

If there was any doubt Porsche was developing a second SUV model positioned below the Cayenne, these latest spy images of a new prototype at the Nurburgring can finally put an end to the uncertainty. Rumors of a baby Cayenne date back more than a year and the car's existence has continually been denied by Porsche including by its CEO Wendelin Wiedeking.

However, since Porsche increased its stake in Volkswagen, the sports carmaker has been given access to a number of new vehicle architectures and components including the premium midsize SUV structure from the recently revealed Audi Q5. Just as the Cayenne was based on the same Q7/Touareg design, the new baby Cayenne could adopt Q5 running gear.

Tipped as a hard-core performance crossover that could also share powertrains with the much larger Cayenne, the new model will likely feature both V6 and V8 engines in both naturally aspirated and turbo forms. Power levels will range from about 280hp from an entry-level V6 and could top out at close to 500hp in a twin-turbo V8 model. The line-up will include Porsche's new direct-injection technology as well as the carmaker's new dual-clutch gearbox, which is expected to debut in the facelifted 911 range. Expect to see 0-60mph times of under five seconds for top end models and max speeds in excess of 180mph.

The car could also see the introduction of Porsche's first diesel as well as a hybrid variant but the launch of such models would be at least a year after the SUV's initial debut, sometime late next year.

Attachments

• babycayenne5_100.jpg
    babycayenne5_100.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 10,913
  • babycayenne4_106.jpg
    babycayenne4_106.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 10,913
  • babycayenne3_111.jpg
    babycayenne3_111.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 10,913
  • babycayenne2_544.jpg
    babycayenne2_544.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 10,913
  • babycayenne1_415.jpg
    babycayenne1_415.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 10,913
Is it just me, or does that make the Cayenne look stunningly beautiful??

Not impressed at all....

deleted.jpg

Wouldn't judge the looks just yet, that is a mule with plenty of disguise on it (NOT that i'm suggesting it will be looker by any stretch of the imagination!).

Based on the new Audi Q5 which is set on the new MLP platform, so size wise it will be like a jacked up B8 Audi A4 Avant.

Do have to question the need for this model though. :? Porsche have Audi to cover this end of the 4x4 market, a brand more than capable of competing with BMW and Benz. Q7 and Cayenne do have subtley different audience appeals with the Q7 being MAHOOSIVE and big enough for 7, while the Cayenne being the sporty alternative.

Taran :bandit:

The first picture looks a bit like a London Black Cab....Well done Porsche.

:shock:

Looks a bit of a dog really. :nooo:

my view can be summarised in 1 word....

WHY?

It's hideous, and I'm sure they will sell a million, as to why?Fools and their cash are easily seperated. Porsche could rebadge the Ford Edsel and sell them.

Max

M030 said:
That doesn't look very "baby" to me.
It looks just as big as the older model but then with a 987/CGT style front end.
Body roll seems to be a problem still to be solved... :mrgreen:

My thoughts exactly, perhaps the driver is a little large and contributes to the excessive body roll :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back