Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Short Shift Kit for 997 Turbo

durgesh

Trainee
Hi Guys,

Anyone know what the best Short Shift Kit is for the 997..?

Stick with the OEM kit... or go for a third party tuner?

Also do they fit across the 997 Range, or is the GT3, Turbo, C2 etc different?

How easy are they to fit?

Thanks

Durgesh

Hello Durgesh,
I can only comment on the Porsche factory quickshift, as its the only one i have used.I would say it is an excellent component, with a very short and mechanical shift feel about it.I drove another turbo the other day with a standard gearshift lever, and although very smooth, it felt very sloppy and loose compared to the short shift kit.As with all these things, the Porsche kit will probably be more expensive than the other aftermarket stuff, but you would not be dissapointed with it.Regards, SIMON. :)

I ticked this option when I originally spec'd my car but the stealer told me only have it if you are going to be doing track days, as in the winter when you first start, the gear changes will be really stiff unitl the box oil gets warm, not suitable for a run to the supermarket to get a bottle of milk in the middle of winter I think were his words.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back