Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cayenne CD player - help needed

alexms

Hi guys,

I have asked this Qs in PH forum already but didn't get any answer. Maybe someone here can help me pls.

Just got myself Cayenne Turbo 03 (for missus) and only realised today that neither CD player no CD changer plays mp3 format CDs.
Not a big issue but a little bit uncofortable to change CDs at the back and 6 audio CDs would contain much less music than just 1 CD in mp3 format.

Are there any ways either to upgrade the current CD player with OPC (if it is not ridiculously expensive), or connect hard drive with audio files, or change current CD changer to the one wich supports mp3 format CDs/DVDs? If it were just normal player I would simply change it to the one which supports mp3 format but in Porsche the player is part of PCM...

Shall I just get a replacement CD changer which supports mp3 format? Would it work OK with PCM? Seen this one http://www.caraudioplus.co.uk/Chang.../Porsche_MP3_Changer_(PACK_1b_-_Sony_10_Disc) but been advised that it may not work with PCM as may need a fibre optic operated changer.

Or are there any way to connect external HDD which would work with PCM?

Any solution???

Hi Alex and welcome to 911uk.

I would recommend getting a mObridge iPod adaptor which will allow seamless integration of any iPod with PCM. You will be able to control your iPod directly from the PCM and you can also use the steering wheel controls.

The mObridge works with all Porsches from model year 2003 onwards, and it connects the iPod via the fibre optic MOST bus providing digital sound clarity employing 24bit ADC (Analogue to Digital Converters).

Happy to answer any questions here or just click on the link in my signature for more info.

Hi Alex,
If the PCM uses the same system as the 997 (PCM 2.1) that AFAIK, you should be able to upgrade the software. The new update will allow you to play mp3 cd's within the headunit only.

You will need the update software cd and I think updated maps.

You can purchase the upgrade cd from OPC (may cost OPC Prices!)

...or you can download the update cd and 997 maps from p2p.

Hope it helps. :wink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back