Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Tyres for a 997? Tip maybe if it's true...

ResB

Estoril
I was just reading through May's issue of Porsche Post. A magasine supplied by Porsche Club GB and there's a small write up in the Registers section about Tyre shortages, particularly 19".

Anyway, I don't know if this is true but if it is it might be worth knowing if you're caught in this predicament.

Quote taken from the article below -

tyre.jpg

Its all true...

I was offered the deal by one of the OPC I asked for a cost... none of my usual tyre suppliers could get me any either..

However during communications with Bridgestone is became apparent that they were expecting stock shortly.. as in six week !!

shame on you for doubting the clubs magazine.. :hand:

garyw

So with my recent puncture, I should have taken it to the OPC after all for buy one get three free!

Jamie said:
So with my recent puncture, I should have taken it to the OPC after all for buy one get three free!
:duh: Yes, if the dealer hadn't got them in stock or couldn't get them then they would of offered to replace them to a brand they did have..

Thats unless they had them in stock like they did for me, at which point you'd get mugged for that one... :oops:

I was really happy with the Bridgestones, so wanted to stick with them, so not my ideal choice to change brands even with them offering new fronts FOC

garyw

Tyres

Interesting !!!!

I have a rear puncture and my PC have not offered to replace it. I have been to a couple of tyre centres and they cannot get a Bridgestone replacement.

I am told that there are no Bridgestone 305x30's in the country and Porsche have had them on back order since February !!!

Am I to assume that they should offer to replace the rear tyre and then replace them all with, say, Pirelli's for the price of a rear only ???

Early confirmation would be good as it needs replacing in the next couple of days

:?: "rushes out, hammers nail into tyre and heads off to OPC " :lol:

its becoming a nightmare
Dont rely on porsche to help
I had a cayman S under warranty, 18 months old in january, needed a rear tyre due to a Puncture on Michelin pilots,
None in the country some due in march

Spoke to Porsche customer services result, 4 new Bridgestones, i paid for by me 3 paid for by porsche

In May, bought a 997 C2S with bridgestones, 305/30's on the rear
540 on backorder
spoke to porsche car still under manufacturers warranty
i had to put 4 pirellis on the car, Porsche dont want to know, even though the cars under warranty

I believ but i'm not sure, if you have a problem , call porsche assistance get the car recovered to an OPC then they might help

Its difficult buying cars and asking for a £900 chip if it needs a tyre!!!!!!

New tyres

An Update !

I am paying for 1 tyre and Porsche GB the other three.

They are puting Michelin's on it which would not be my choice but, heyho, £750 saved ! They have shafted me for a geometry check though !

I think they only do it if you have a puncture/blow out, not if you merely want to change !

Can't fault the service, although they didn't offer it when they told me I had nail in the rear, good job I signed up to this site !!!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back