Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Boxster Rear Spoiler Problems

thinkjones

Hi,

I have a mark I Porsche Boxster 1999. The rear spoiler has stopped working on the right hand side. It is permanently open on a slant from the top left to closed on ritght.

Looks very ghetto. Any ideas on how to fix before I take it to the garage to get charged a fortune.

Thanks
G

I dont know anything about this but I would suspect something has either lodged in the mechanism preventing it from operating, stripped a gear or a combination of both. Thinking about the boxster spoiler is there a chance debris from a tree or something has dropped in and jammed? I would imagine its a single motor/drive that operates it, perhaps a linkage to the RH side has disconnected. Can you access it to look?

Hi...first post and it's a 'me too'..my '02 3.2 Boxster has developed a screwy rear spoiler - just as you describe 'thinkjones', did you ever get it resolved - keen to get clue as to where to start looking..cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back