Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Child Car Seat Group 1 / 9 months - 4 years

springman

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a car seat for a 9 month - 4 year old child for a 911 997 C2S built in 2005, I understand this can also be referred to as a group 1 seat.

I am looking for one to fit in the back of the car and that wont be too tough on the wallet.

Thanks in advance,

Matthew

Thanks I am aware that Porsche supply a seat, I have heard that non Porsche seats do fit and would like to save a few quid!

Hopefully Jamie will be along on this one - he has a 997 C2S and an 18 month old now.....so should be able to advise.......

I have a Porsche Junior seat which we used since 9 months - I only have it cos Porsche chucked it in for free when I bought the car from new. I would not have paid the ticket price of c.£400 for it

We also have a mamas and papas pro-tec for the Audi which also fits nicely into the Porsche and only cost about £130 (and is better than the Porsche one).

Hope this helps.

Quinny Zap is also the ideal stroller to fit in the boot of the C2S. - Takes up about a third of the space and lot cheaper than the Porsche one.

Hi,

I just bought my 911 997 C2S from a main dealer and found my greco standard seats did not fit - so i got porsche junior seats retail £180 but they did it at cost for £120 - the main thing is the base under the seat is a few inches thinner than a normal child seat in order to fit in the 911 bucket seats.

Mamas & Papas Child Seat - 9 months to 4 years

I've just bought a Mamas & Papas Pro-Tec seat - it's Group 1, forward facing, so suitable for 9kg-18kg, and fits perfectly in the back of my 997 Carrera S Coupe.

Despite initially being told unhelpfully by Mamas and Papas in Watford that 'none of their car seats would fit that car', Mamas and Papas in Cheshunt were much better and their car seat expert was very happy with the way it fitted. The seat belt routing is different on the Pro-Tec to others I've looked at and suits the siting of the belts in the 997 well.

The seat is sitting directly onto the floor carpet, by removing the leather pad that forms the 'cushion' of the rear seat (it is velcroed in and just pulls upwards to come out)

I'm much relieved to have found a good seat (much better than the Porsche ones as far as my daughter's comfort is concened), from a reputable brand, and hence confirmed that the 997 is indeed the 'ideal family car' I'd told my wife it was !

Strafford,

Have you got any pictures ??

I also have a 997 C S and have been looking on ebay at the Porsche one but would be interested in the one you mention.

At the moment I do have one that fits but the sits too high for my peace of mind.

Its very secure, I am watching a few on fleabay at the moment and just missed out on the proper Porsche one with the airbag deactivation unit for £120. anyway pics would be good if anyone has any.

thanks

No pics but like a couple of the other posters I have a M&P's Pro Tec which transfers nicely between my wife's Audi and my 997 C2S.

Some Halfords stores sell the M&P's for quite a good price at the moment and you may be able to get them to let you 'see if it fits' before you buy. That will give you a good idea of how it sits - I too have removed the seat cushion. Be prepared for them to say it isn't suitable for the car though.

thanks everyone looked back at all the threads and we have managed to get mama & papas protech which fits perfect!!im gona send the recaro back shame as it looked the part but just didnt fit securely!we will be out tomorow as a family the first trip in the 997!!looking foward to sharing the fun...more exiting than the range rover..

Thought I would update you all on my quest for a stage 1 car seat for my 2 year old in the back of our C2S Cab 2010. I tried a dozen seats and wasn't happy with the fit of any of them. I tried all the seats mentioned in this thread and others - including the Mamas & Papas Protec (discontinued but Cheshunt branch had one as a loan seat) and that was a terrible fit.

I resigned myself to not getting a good fitting car seat, so decided to try the Porsche seat from my dealer, expecting to part with £300. Guess what - not a great fit either! Same problem as all of the others - the seat base is too narrow - even with base removed. Even the Porscche seat did not sit centrally on the seat - was offset with a large gap down the back. I didn't buy it.

Then I revisited my search a few months later by accident. My nephew (3) was coming to stay and I needed a cheapish seat for his visit (to fit in our Cayenne). I bought a Babystart group 1-3 seat from Argos - £35. Decided to try it in the 911 just by chance - and it fits! Has a narrow base, so goes down to the bottom of the seat and no space at the back. Only problem is the seat does not have any recline so wouldn't be great for the kids napping but she certainly looks comfy. Will try to take a pic on our next outing.

Other good thing is that this seat will grow with the child - using the harness now, but harness can be removed and can be used with just the seatbelt.

OK it's not the best made seat (polystyrene base) but she feels secure in place. Oh, and the seat brand says Nania on the fabric, even though Argos call it Baby-Start.

HTH!

Here's the seat:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3761377/c_1/1|category_root|Nursery|14417537/c_2/2|14417537|Car+and+booster+seats|14417572/c_3/3|cat_14417572|Car+seats|14417573.htm

Hi there, I went for the britax duo plus for my 997 c4s cab. Great seat. Really compact but very secure. It has isofix or seat belt securing. I have used it in the front passenger seat with isofix for my 2 yr old daughter or back seat. Both work really wel. Good luck.

Hi there, I went for the britax duo plus for my 997 c4s cab. Great seat. Really compact but very secure. It has isofix or seat belt securing. I have used it in the front passenger seat with isofix for my 2 yr old daughter or back seat. Both work really wel. Good luck.

Any photos of these?

I am looking at buying a 997 and wanted a cab but was put off a little by all the talk about not being able to fit a child seat in. I have a 16m old and part of the reason for looking at the 911s again was due to them being 4 seaters (current toy has 2 seats and rarely gets driven since the baby was born as a result).

There is less room in the cab than the coupe, as the roof moves the seats forwards.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back