Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

74 911 hot starting problems / fuel starvation

pete 1974

Hi new to this site it looks good, I have a 1974 911 with bosch k-jetronic fuel injection with hot starting problems / fuel starvation. If left for more than 15 mins it won't start, after 3 hours its ok. The only method I know to start the car is to 'bleed the system" by taking the air filter off and turning the starter key on and pushing up the air meter plate. This seem to flood the engine a bit but then it starts. Obviously this is very annoying and not very Porsche like.
Regards
Pete

i dont think too many old school 911 owners on here but DDK or early 911 PCGB forum would be the place to ask and get a quick answer

Almost certainly fuel accumulator problem or else one way valve in system has failed, thus allowing fuel system to de-pressurise.
Not a problem when cold as cold start system compensates.
It's covered in 101 Projects for your Porsche.
Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back