Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Extended Warranty / Maintenance Package

karmafood

New car two years warranty on my 997 is expiring in March and the local OPC has offered me a one year extension for the equivalent of GBP 2,300. It also includes the "Comprehensive Maintenance" (covering "all consumables"- except tyres) and two free checks per year. The previous Porsches I owned were all second hand well past warranty period so this is a first for me. Has anyone extended the warranty ? Is it worth it or once you have a problem they will come up with lots of hidden "exceptions" and "extras" ?

I'm not sure what options are available in HK, but as a point of reference: in the UK Porsche offer a standard extended warranty for £895 p.a. This doesn't cover the 2 "checks" - are these services or just checks?

I am not sure, but quoting the offer "Distributor Extended Warranty covers 100% on parts and labour with unlimited mileage" and "Comprehensive Maintenance includes two regular mechanical checks per year". Just for info, the standard "minor service" fee at Porsche HK is around GBP 350, major service is GBP 1,000... I really don't know whether this is worth it.

karmafood said:
I am not sure, but quoting the offer "Distributor Extended Warranty covers 100% on parts and labour with unlimited mileage" and "Comprehensive Maintenance includes two regular mechanical checks per year". Just for info, the standard "minor service" fee at Porsche HK is around GBP 350, major service is GBP 1,000... I really don't know whether this is worth it.

Unless they will include a minor/major service in that price, I think "checks" are not worth paying for. Based on what you've said, I would just renew the basic extended warranty and be done with that. If anything goes wrong, then you just bring the car in for it to be fixed under the warranty (which you've paid for).

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milno
Back