Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Boxster OR Boxster S?

runningbubster123

Help required for 1st time Porsche owner come this summer (at last!).
Just test drove the Boxster S and it was Amazing. All ready to go but then realised that given I'm not the greatest driver in the world can I really justify the extra £6k over the 2.7 Boxster.

Anybody who has driven both, comments welcome. Surely the Boxster is sooooo good that really the extra £6k is difficult to justify? Where is the difference in the experience? Is it just the 6-speed transmission and a smidge of greater acceleration?

Please help. thanks in advance. Will be placing my order in March.

Calling Boxsey?

Most of this lot drive expensive Beetles :wink:

Infact, I know of a 3.2S 04 plate which is in a rare Polar silver and is going up for sale on the weekend. It's just had a bit of a hand massage by myself recently too. :)

Alrite !

Iv drive both and went for the Boxster S last Sept! I have no regrets spending the extra money!!

Reasons i did it were the following!!

6 Gears! Better for motorway driving, always felt the car was screaming at me when doing high speeds in 5th!

Sound! Bigger engine, sounds a lot better!

3.4 engine has so much more power, esp off the lights! :p

You will always wonder what if i bought the S! esp if you pass another boxster and it is S

Red Calipers!! They look a million times better then standards ones!!

Double exhaust tip looks better then the oval!

Cant think of much else at the moment!! but you have alot to go on there!!

G - ill be ringing you in a few months too to go over my car for the summer months!! If you don't remember, i had the blue boxster S in Nottingham, you did last Sept!!

Phil.

philnotts said:
Alrite !

Iv drive both and went for the Boxster S last Sept! I have no regrets spending the extra money!!

Reasons i did it were the following!!

6 Gears! Better for motorway driving, always felt the car was screaming at me when doing high speeds in 5th!

Sound! Bigger engine, sounds a lot better!

3.4 engine has so much more power, esp off the lights! :p

You will always wonder what if i bought the S! esp if you pass another boxster and it is S

Red Calipers!! They look a million times better then standards ones!!

Double exhaust tip looks better then the oval!

Cant think of much else at the moment!! but you have alot to go on there!!

G - ill be ringing you in a few months too to go over my car for the summer months!! If you don't remember, i had the blue boxster S in Nottingham, you did last Sept!!

Phil.

There you go, we have a Boxster member.

Phill, get your business banner up on the new site mate! The 911 owners will be queing to buy your goods. :bow:

How did you do you Signature banner? i cant seen to get mine working!! :frustrated:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back