Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What's It Worth?

Fingers

Imola
Chaps,

I might have asked this question before, but I need an honest answer and the best place to ask is here me reckons. I have been offered GBP 44,000 for my 2005 997 Carrera (Base model) LHD Manual, Basalt Black, Sandbeige. a few options, sunroof, xenon, 19" Carrera alloys, color crests - can't remember what else but not much. It DOES NOT have the PCM - not sold in Japan - and is of course a one very careful owner car with only 18,000 miles on it.

I was planning on shipping it to the UK in May and HOPEFULLY having a decent drive around Europe before selling it there. However, if I can't get a decent price in the UK I might be better off selling it now - the OPC wants here - they have a buyer waiting and said the price will stand for the next 4 weeks / 1,000 Km. After which, they will have to check it again...

Please give me your honest opinion's.

The next car will not be bought until the facelift since I am taking a 3 month holiday (mostly Australia with 2 weeks in Europe in summer) and have access to a 987S as a daily driver anyways.

Appreciate your blunt advice!

I'd have thought it'd fetch more money in Europe than in the UK being LHD- you could have a ring round some OPCs in Germany etc.

In some ways though, if you have an offer on the table now, I'd take it- it'll only depreciate more if you leave it a few months, esp in the current climate.

Fingers, that price aint bad as UK LHD prices have plumped due to the supply of 997's.

Euro mainland prices are stronger than UK prices as a result of a Euro trading at least 10-12% higher than a year ago.

Allowing for shipping and conversion costs over here, 44k now is a reasonale bid

Note, thread moving to 997 forum

If you look on the Porsche GB website for used cars, there are a fair few 05 997's for sale between £45 and 50K. Those are all rhd drive, so I don't know what sort of discount a left hooker would require. Taking into account shipping costs, depreciation and an uncertain market, I'd bank the £44k and hire something nice to hoon around in and not worry about in Europe. Don't Avis do Porsche hire in Germany, albeit you won't be able to take it round the 'Ring? :wink:

Fingers - great price for an LHD model methinks! I've seen some 997 C2 RHD models go for similar prices (albeit a bit higher mileage than yours). I'd sell now. What are you going for next?

~ Maxie

Hi Guys

Thanks for the replies. I am still not sure what I will buy next. I don't plan on doing much driving over the next few months anyways and could easily order another 997 (facelift) and collect it in September (MY09) or later.

If I was to buy something immediately, I am really not sure what to get!

Will let you know what I decide to do!

Regards

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back