Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

brake pad warning light query

jlee

Monza
Normally when brake pad warning light comes on, it is normally a replaceable sensor that wears down when pads are low, exposing some form of contact right ?

So when its on, its always on and needs to replace pads and sensor.

currently my brake pad light (red with disc emblem) is on intermittently. i.e will come on and stay on. if restart the car, it will go off and be okay then will come on later. why ?

is it low on fluid perhaps. where do you fill?

really need to get myself a manual !!

could be that the pads are just on the limit and the sensors are starting to get a reading

I would expect the light to come on permanently in a few days perhaps

Almost... the light comes on when the sensor doesn't get a reading: ie, the sensor wire is broken.

Indeed, it sounds like the brake pad material is right at the limit of breaking the sensor connections and will need replacement soon.

It will come on and then go off for about 1,000 miles probably - mine did...

Then I had to do nearly 2,000 miles before I could get them changed (two European trips in a week) and they were still not quite on the metal - so no disc damage done.

If it's just pads it will cost about £600 all round at an OPC, but about £400 at an indie (I think). I had mine done while I was in Germany on business and it was under 500 EUROS at an OPC :roll:

Just wanted to clarify, when my brake pad warning comes on, you don't have to change straight away....i still have approx 1000 miles sort of wear??? not trying to scrimp on safety, just not convienient to replace for a while.

chrs!

F1-dragon,

Mine came off and on intermittenlty for only a few days but apparently when the pads were changed they were well adn truly stuffed but not ebought to damage the disks.

Mine are the small rear two pot calipers apaprently

I had the same problem then the light stayed on permanetly, had the front pads and sensors replaced at an Gforce for about £90. These were for a 3.2 carrera widebody.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back