Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Oh Dear - Chaved 997 Turbo

:?:

how so?

i'm certainly not a chav!

[EDIT: presuming you meant me of course :lol: ]

demonfish said:
:?:

how so?

i'm certainly not a chav!

[EDIT: presuming you meant me of course :lol: ]

Guilty conscience? :wink: I was refering to the poster formally known as Dave. Now known as Mr. Pink. He is, after all, the Earl of Chavley :lol:

ahh as in nipple pink....

I was racking my brains for ages - i really dont remember mentioning my LED lights and neonz... lol

(joking of course - well I did replace my rear number plate bulbs with LEDS if that counts...)

demonfish said:
ahh as in nipple pink....

I was racking my brains for ages - i really dont remember mentioning my LED lights and neonz... lol

(joking of course - well I did replace my rear number plate bulbs with LEDS if that counts...)

But Blue ones???

hell no!!!

nice crisp white ones. saw it on the back of a lexus gs300 i think - really modernises the car in the dark...

Okay, I'll put my hands up and say its not me..:?

However I will own up to replacing my sidelight lamps with LED (white) alternatives, similar to the front pictures.

It ties the colours/lamps up nicely with the HID headlamps, I have not yet done my driving lamps as they don't really get used that often.

Only downside is that the LEDs bring on the blown lamps warning in the car, the OPC has not yet been able to remove the warning..

If this makes me a chav.. then so be it guv :wink:

garyw

It was the blue Neons I was not impressed with.

I have whited LEDs as my side lights too

I like the LEDs on the brake and indicators on our A8. I think the key to upgrading bulbs to LEDs in cars is that resistors are fitted to not bring up bulb fault lights. Not a problem on the 996 which has no bulb failure warning :(

Good idea about the white LED on the rear plate though, a la Lexus.

I saw a BMW 1 series with blue front sidelights today. Not only did it look a bit silly, but presumably an easy spot by the Plod...

My worry about installing LEDs as described is it will be easier to read your numberplate, and most people seem to be going to lengths to avoid that, in my area anyway!

LJ

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
midas
Back