Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Prince child seats

baylon

Silverstone
Hi, I have two Porsche Prince car seats for sale which I have been using in my 993 (they should fit 964's and 996's).

Ebay items 260193333637 and 260193332875

Please let me know if you have any questions

Thanks, Mark

Baylon - do you have a copy of the English fitting instructions / manual that comes with these seats?

Its just that i finally found a Prince seat here last year, but it never came with English instructions..........

Any chance you could scan them in and email them to me? :D

Thanks in advance.

Hi Fuchs, I will take a look when I get home tonight to see if I still have the instructions. Thanks, Mark

Warren, I have some instructions, but no scanner :( .

There's not alot in them TBH, but I dare say I could give you a precis...

What do you want to know?

Hi Robert,

Well, for starters can i use the seat without the bit that goes accross the chest? We bought the seat and it seemed to fit Olivia for about a day, now with her in place the chest piece in place it seems to be really squashing against her and just looks uncomfortable.

Also what do i do with that extra "piece of cheese" bit? Does it just jam under the seat?

Thanks

P.s - You up for the Ace Cafe on Boxing Day?

Hmmm. It doesn't say you can't, but then it doesn't say you can! I've used mine without the table many times for Isabel, but I got a bit spooked looking at it as the belt is not secured at the shoulder (as it is with proper child seats), and could ride up and put pressure on her neck in the event of an accident. The table holds the belt well away from kiddywink, as well as providing the restraint.

The piece of cheese must be used when you have the seat up front (for which you also need the airbag deactivator thing), and should be removed for rear seat use along with the seat cusion for model year 98 on(presumably 996)

What I've done is remove the buckle thing which plugs into the airbag deactivator, and use the airbag buckle independently with Isabel's current normal car seat or a booster seat in the front.

We'll be travelling up to my folks on boxing day so no Ace Cafe for me :(

Hi Warren, apologies for not getting back sooner but I cant find the instructions. But it looks like Robert has explained the fitting instructions very well.
Thanks
Mark

Hey Baylon - those auctions are going well......... :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back