Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Finance vs cash (it works)

poon

Magny-Cours
Some of you might remember me posting on the old site the benefits of borrowing vs laying down cash on a car if you then invest the cash.

I showed a spreadsheet detailing the minimum return to break even assuming various rates of interest and inflation...... well.......

I borrowed in Feb 07 and invested in Aril 07, I borrowed £55k and invested £50k.

Today one fund is up 70%, the other 50% :D

Both Asian oriented funds, I could pay off the loan and buy a M3 CSL with the profit :D :D

For all the doubters who said I was mad :lol: :lol:

So are you going to sell up and take the profit or continue to ride the wave of uncertainty?

trouble is....

you come out and it shoots up, you stay in and it will tank eventually, but with Asia my gut feeling is long term prospects are good, so maybe I take the profit and leave the original capital?

Could always invest more? :lol:

Someone mention beer :?: :D

Dave have you got a "beer" widget on your PC that flags up any mention of the word?

poon said:
F1_Dragon said:
you are mad, but beers on poony :)

talking of beers....

Ade?

R we beering in N Bond St??

Yes! I think there's going to be something with FREE hospitality from our friends at Bacardi :wink:... looking at the week before Xmas... will announce very soon.

Poon, bank the capital - put it somewhere safer and keep the profit in.

seems too safe for me!

but good advice never the less

Well done Poon - great return.

I do note however that no-one ever starts a thread saying "Guess how much I've lost on my investments" ;)

Its a bit like you never see the thread "My 996 is not suffering from RMS" but I bet thousands could.... ;)

Beer :!: On those returns I think Mr C is shouting us all to Cristal for the night :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back