Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Recommended brakepads for 964RS

austinpowers

Guys, can anyone recommend some brakepads for road use (mostly) for a 964RS

cheers

I would suspect either OEM or Pagid Blues would be a good bet if it's mostly road use (ie, with 2-3 trackdays a year)

PolarExpress said:
I would suspect either OEM or Pagid Blues would be a good bet if it's mostly road use (ie, with 2-3 trackdays a year)

Thanks Adrien

OEM pads. The brakes on the car are so good, they don't need uprating. The only thing you might want to do is change the fluid to something like ATE Blue

Seagull said:
OEM pads. The brakes on the car are so good, they don't need uprating. The only thing you might want to do is change the fluid to something like ATE Blue

Thanks Seagull

For road use OEM is fine, only if you venture onto track a few time do you need upgraded pads, but an inexpensive fluid upgrade works a treat

911UK said:
For road use OEM is fine, only if you venture onto track a few time do you need upgraded pads, but an inexpensive fluid upgrade works a treat

The consensus on the 964 RS forum (PCGB) is that unless your car is a track day only one, then the OEMs are plenty good enough. GT One say that they actually advise people not to bother upgrading the brakes on an RS, other than the fluid.

i dont have an RS, but a C2...

I'm about to embark on a brake upgrade mission, consisting of big red fronts with 322mm rotors, on OEM pads, and RS rear discs with stock C2 4 piston calipers - again OEM pads - just to see how it goes on a track day. as I have also heard the OEM pads are pretty good - i only tend to do 10 or so laps before my mechanical sympathy mode takes over.

(i know i need to change the rear calipers for bias reasons...)

My RS has Performance Friction floating discs up front, standard RS at the rear and PFC97 pads all round (standard RS calipers), ATE Super Blue brake fluid. For track use this setup is fantastic, even GT1 said the brakes were 'phenomenal' when they did the PPI. Good on the road as well, if a bit noisy.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back