Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Full set of tyres for the 997

Gareth Williams

Wouldn't claim to be up to date with good/bad prices for tyres so would appreciate some feedback here.

I can get a full set of brand new Pirelli P Zero Rosso N rated for my 997C2S (so 235/35/19 fronts and 295/30/19 rears) for £700.00 inclusive of everything.

Good price? Anyone know of any better for the same tyre-or perhaps Michelin Pilot Sport II's?

Michelin Pilots - better tyre IMO, both on performance and wear rates.

Either buy them from Costco (running an offer at the mo for a set of 4) or Bracknell Tyre - best prices in the SE in my experience.

993C2S said:
Michelin Pilots - better tyre IMO, both on performance and wear rates.

Either buy them from Costco (running an offer at the mo for a set of 4) or Bracknell Tyre - best prices in the SE in my experience.

Costco and BTAB were both my next local ports of call :wink:

However the quoted £700 is a fitted price and the un-fittted price (and my C2S doesn't need them right now, but will in a month or two) would only be £660 for the full set.

£115 per corner sounds unbeatable to me?

Costco wanted £888 for a set of Pilot Sport II's...no way are they are third "better" than Rosso's!!

Gareth Williams said:
Costco wanted £888 for a set of Pilot Sport II's...no way are they are third "better" than Rosso's!!

That price is bonkers!! :?

How about Bracknell tyre?

Hi lads,

I have been looking for rear tyres 295x30x19 Michelin N1 and possibly fronts very soon 235x35x19 N1 Michelins.

I have looked at mytyres, and black circle for prices and was considering Costco but..... Would be grateful of any other places I could try?

I am looking for mail order so would have to cover postage.

Thanks
Eddie

Try Micheldever, near Winchester. In my experience by far the cheapest in the UK, including Bracknell Tyres.

Bracknell is a lot closer to me, but my last rear pair (Pirelli) were over £100 cheaper at Micheldever.

I have two pairs of front tyres if any body wants to give me a call, 235/35/19 a pair of michelins and a pair of continentals all with very good tread, probally 5mm will need to check. Also I have a pair of rears 315/25/19. I have just had to buy a full set of Pirelli as I could not get any rear michelins. Pm me if your interested.

I have just been quoted £700 for a full set of Michelin Pilot Sports fitted, from Kwikfit of all places. They were the cheapest I could find although mine are only 18`s

Steve

Jeez, I got ripped off completely then.

I replaced 2 rear tyres 295 x 30 x 19 Michelin PS2's and it cost me £580 fitted and I contacted most of those which has been mentioned in this thread except costco. I think Ill get you lot get my next set. ;)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back