Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

High Mileage?

DocT

Chaps!

There's a 964 C4 Targa on P/heads - looks pretty good and has had alot of work done to it recently including belts, clucth reconditioned diff ... but the mileage seems a little high at 115,000.

Should I be a little concerned at this or is that sort of miles not a problem as long as it's been properly maintained?

Many thanks for your help.

Here's the link if you wanted to take a look:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/278616.htm

Cheers,

James

The mileage is only just above average IMO. Mine's coming up to 160,000.

The ad says it had a new engine 8,000 miles ago which is quite rare as they are usually rebuilt to some extent rather than replaced. I'd like to know why this happened if I was buying it.

I hope you've got a garage if you're getting a targa as they are prone to leaking.

You deffo need a garage if you are getting a targa....

Ask me how I know :?

Thanks for the speedy replies!

Having spoken to the chap, apparently he had an option of reconditioning a 30,000 mile engine and putting that in the car rather than using the orginal 100,000 engine. :? Whether that worked out cheaper - I have no idea!

And as for the garage ... I guess I'd better get sorting out! Do car covers help in keeping the inside dry or does it just fill up with condensation?

Cheers,

James

I don't think it is that high. When you work out how old the car is! Make sure the history is upto date I understand about the engine change but its all the other bits that need looking after too.

Mileage is no problem. Mine ticked over 141,000 this morning, and has also had a replacement engine (prior to me buying it). Garage essential as mentioned.

Be aware that 18" wheels were never recommended by Porsche on 964's.

Condition, history, PPI (leakdown). Milage not an issue with good history :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back