Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

young drivers

parker2k6

is there any young drivers that could tell me there qoutes for there porsches. thanxs

although there probably wont be that many, anything from 18 to 22, 23. preferably 996 or 997 911 carrera cabroilet.

First job would be finding an Insurance company that would accept such risk. Might be better to be a named driver on your parent's policy if applicable. Otherwise on a 996/7 I would have thought you are talking minimum £10k.

~ Maxie

parker2k6 said:
i know, its going to be pricey. :(

The supermarket shoppers might give you a guide if you did the whole parent/child thing (which was the route i travel, be warned they are cracking down on it)

Next would be to ring the young driver brokers write down the questions they ask you that way next time you can just email them your details saves repeating the same details over and over.

Nearly every broker people use on here A manning (my broker), AON, A plan require you to be either 25 years old or at least owned the car 2 years before your be accepted as i found out

Prepare for alot of head butting and endless phone calls. I reckon about £4000 for you on your own and about £2200 the parent route. This is what i was getting at 22 london on a 993 turbo

Things to consider;
  • Build up a no claims on some crap box
    Advanced driving courses can knock 10% or more off, that's allot considering a 4grand quote (plus they can be fun)
    Limit your miles and times of driving
    Garage Garage Garage (esp if your in a city)
    Under insure the car if you save 1000 on Insurance by under valuing by 2 grand in 2 years it pays off worth weighing up the risk.
    Take a huge excess again if you have a prang its not worth claiming for sub 1k

I tried for my son with legitimate declarations.
Used A-Quote to save the pain of filling in loads of separate requests.

This was for 1974 2.4ltr 911 worth about £7500
21 year old clean full license, for 4 years.
Best quote back was £4500 3rd party with £2000 excess

Good luck

parker2k6 said:
is there any young drivers that could tell me there qoutes for there porsches. thanxs

:shock:

Attachments

• 469758086_051b1dd752_181.jpg
    469758086_051b1dd752_181.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 6,216
Ghost - LOL hahaha :lol:

parker2k6

I'm 23 with with 2NCB. My cheapest quote was £2900 with the car garaged at night. Considering i'm in a high price Insurance area (E. London/Essex) it's not as bad as some i've heard. I think the quote was from A-plan Insurance.

Best bet would be the parent/child route. But as metioned previously you have to be careful on this. We have 5 cars in the family and everyone is insured on everyone's car and we each have a car insured on our name so this eases fears with insurers.

Hope this helps...

Taran :idea:

I'm buying a daily driver for the missus - she's 23, best quote so far was £2300 with Bell / Performance Direct. Next was Kwik Fit / My Motor Quote with £2500.

To be honest I think those quotes are over the odds by £300-£500...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccosh
Back