Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 PASM vs 996 C4S suspension

Robertb

Has enyone experience of the ride quality of a PASM-equipped 997 C2S vs a 996 C4S?

Is it noticeably softer-riding in 'normal' mode?

How does the road noise compare?

Maybe I'm getting old, but I'm finding the C4S's ride a bit challenging at the moment after a hard day at the coalface.

Robertb said:
Has enyone experience of the ride quality of a PASM-equipped 997 C2S vs a 996 C4S?

Is it noticeably softer-riding in 'normal' mode?

How does the road noise compare?

Maybe I'm getting old, but I'm finding the C4S's ride a bit challenging at the moment after a hard day at the coalface.

Yes in 'normal', in 'sport' it's 'compromised'.

Road noise is pretty much dependent on tyres and tread depth as they are both on the same widths.

IMHO the whole 997 package is far superior to a 996,
The pasm in the sport mode is a little too stiff, and i've heard it said the C2 has a better ride without the PASM
the big improvement too is in the seats thats are so comfy especially the adaptive sports seats but they should be for £1800+, but a bonus if your buying 2nd hand

mark pearce said:
IMHO the whole 997 package is far superior to a 996,
The pasm in the sport mode is a little too stiff, and i've heard it said the C2 has a better ride without the PASM
the big improvement too is in the seats thats are so comfy especially the adaptive sports seats but they should be for £1800+, but a bonus if your buying 2nd hand

I think the best set up is the C2 without PASM on 19" alloys. The PASM makes the car a wee bit too soft in my liking.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back