Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

rear blower heater info please

pirellipete

Barcelona
Hi guys,

I have a question on the heating, seeing as winter is coming,

when the hot air leaves the rear blower and goes up the single duct, then it splits into 2, one for passenger side, one for driver side

does anyone know why the passenger side would be fine, but driver side has little or no flow and isn't warm/hot,

Options Im thinking of include dead rat stuck in the duct, or duff flap servo, any other likely causes all gratefully received.

interesting question...

BUT - i thought the blower was just an assist for the engine fan? like a boost? would this mean it is blowing cold air thru, to help the airflow over the engine so the pipes would be cold?

I'm not 100% on how all the heater gubbins work, but i thought the engine fan blows air over the engine and down into the collecters which then fire forward into the car, i thought the blower fan took air from behind the fan, and blows down bumper side of the engine, into and thru the collecters thus boosting the flow to the front?

I want to remove my blower fan, and just run on engine puff only, providing i can somehow control the heat! which at the moment i cant :(

You're probably right, I have no understanding and was ASSUMING, always a no-no

that probably means that the potential problem is in the passenger side ??

I love my MGB, a hammer, two spanners and flathead screwdriver and you can do anything !!!

cheers

Are you getting any air flow throught the vents? Recently both drivers and pasengers side vents both decided to only blow cold air. Turns out both mixing flap servo's decided to stick in the cold position. I took them out, cleaned them up, tested OK and put back in. I now have hot air through both vents now! Maybe one of the servos which draws air through is not working?

I followed the troubleshooting on www.porsche964.co.uk to help me sort it out.

yeah, thanks,

that bits ok now, I had the problem of the tubes disintegrating up under the dash, which have been replaced, and a servo unit has been replaced,

the guy who is looking at it is the guy who retro fitted the a/c, so I may get it back and ask an indie to look at the heating,

it just seemed to make sense to me to ask him to look at it while he was there.

maybe I'll take it to Sid Spanner as I have to fly out of heathrow in a week or two and could leave it with him when I go

cheers

i think i'm just going to ditch all the complicated parts, and just have a heat on\off switch...

much easier.

:wink:

Heater probs

Hi, I picked up my C4 Targa on Saturday ! What an engine ! At least as good as the 993 I had in 98.

Tonight, after a cold and wet journey home, I'm sorting out my heater, which doesn't work at all ! It fuses instantly when the fan knob is turned round to near max. The rear blower motor runs when supplied with 12V but there's no blow in the car. Any ideas what to look for first ? I've read all the links to servo motors but haven't checked their actuation, though they make whirring sounds when the sliders are moved.

Any help would be welcome..... :)

It's worth doing a search on Rennlist. There's a lot about the heating/ventilation systems on there.

on the way to germany back in the summer, i got cooked, as my sill -> dash hoses had huge holes...

so i stuck the car over a pit in germany, and took the pipes from the engine to the flappy boxes under the rear of the car.

What controls these? they either vent to the car, or out under the wheel arch...

OR

is it just a case of if you block the dashboard end its got nowhere to go so it vents out under the wing as the pressure backs up?

i need to order some hose actually...that reminds me.

rear heater blower info please

Good news ! The blower is working and things are getting hot in the cabin....Only issue is the de-mister fan and there's info from Adrian Streather (the 964 guru; thanks, Adrian) on the Rennlist.
Thanks, Seagull. 8)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back