Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Removing instrument dials

dick jones

I need to take my instrument dials out off the dashboard and I know they are held in by rubber seals, I would like to know the correct way to release the seals to free the dials as the pages in the workshop manual are missing for this operation.

D.Jones

Richard (swear filter prevents me using your chosen name). The easiest one to take out is the speedo - it's a matter of pulling and twisting a bit. With the speedo out you can put your hand in the hole and push the clock or the tacho out from behind (yo have to take the wheel off to get the tacho out)

With the tacho out, you can do the same for the oil gauge and the oil/charging one.

You can pull them all out from the front if you have got finger strength like a mountaineer as the small ones are a bitch, but as I have described is the easiest way.

They just pull out complete with the seal. Just twist them side to side gently. If they won't budge, wrap a soft cloth around a flat blade screwdriver and use that to get them started. I had to remove the steering wheel to get the tacho out.

Have you sold it and are putting the original dark face ones in or something?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back