Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Track Circuit Reviews forum **we need more user reviews!**

911UK

Administrator
Staff member
As more site content is added, one of the passions that I share with many of you is Circuit Driving. It has always been the intention to include a more detailed overview of this as part of 911uk, as we now have the infrastructure and ability to do this. Circuit Reviews will be first of a series of subforums added across the entire Porsche Ownership Experience on 911uk.

This Circuit Reviews subforum provides the ability for forum users to post their own review of track day circuit they have run, please only reply to the posted list of circuits.

If a circuit is missing that you would like to add, please post on this thread about 'circuits to be added' and we will add a new thread.

The intention is to provide a wider base of views and opinions of track day circuits driven by Porsche drivers which are very varied due to the range of cars driven, the nature of the particular day and the ability of the driver.

Please feel to describe in your personal opinion the good the bad and the ugly of the Circuits listed. Reviews can be short or long as you like! To assist in your review here are a few pieces to consider; site facilities (on and off track), track condition, instructors, safety, any problems, marshalls, your car, other cars, enjoyment factor, fear factor, format of the event, catering facilities, any suggestions, etc, etc, etc.

Each circuit post also has a poll added, in order for you to mark that circuit of of 5, so don't forget to vote !

As a suggestion for the purposes of infomation, here is an idea to enable readers to understand the perspective of each review please state if possible...
i) the date (month and year only) when you drove the circuit
ii) type of vehicle driven
ii) at what level you would describe your track day ability : Beginner, Intermediate, Expert, STIG

For example, I have started a few of the posts off with my own early experiences in my own words, I am certainly no expert track day driver but each account is in my own words as a beginner who has started to gain more experience.

Of course everyone will see every track differently, which brings in new information, view points, etc thus the spirit of this area is to build up an account of such venues whether good, bad or ugly.

With online video's becoming more available, it is a good idea to have links to the right online video please use the You Tube facility, which is quite popular. (A guide to how to post 'embedded' You Tube Videos is below, 3 post down)

Posted videos do not have to be exclusively that of Porsche Cars being driven on a trackdays, where it would also be useful if some comments could be made about the car and comments on the video.

Ideally all video's should show drivers adhering to circuit rules, but many videos can and will show drivers not adhering to the circuit rules, rookie beware.

The issue with such videos is that a video of a badly driven car on a trackday only adds to glorify the stupidity of the minority and put the other drivers safety at risk and Track Day organisers, which in tail discourage first timers from attending track days.

Racing as you know is not allowed on Trackdays, so if the video of of a race link, please enusre that this is clearly stated, otherwise I have yet to figure out what to do with videos of crashes at certain tracks, as there are many from the Nurburgring. However they do serve a purpose in explaining what not to do or rather what to do instead and as always one there can be learns to be gained from the errors of others.

As this is a developing forum, opinions and feedback are always welcome (as you know we do listen and read what is posted) if you think I should add other track day circuit venues or something else that I may not have initially included please let me know. As always normal 911uk forum rules apply.

regards
Admin

Good work Admin. I've never been comfortable with the thought of a track day but will have a read up and see what I might be happy with.

pic_youtubelogo_123x63.gif

How to embed You Tube videos

You may have noticed that many of the You Tube Videos are embedded in the forum rather than using the external You Tube link.

With the growth of online videos there is the facility for You Tube Videos to be embedded in the forum, but it is not with the Embedded Link you may see with such videos. The Embedded code they provide is for HTML Embedding which the forum is not.

Only You Tube videos can be embedded using the unique 11 character code and the following steps, as at this stage there is no button for embedding You Tube Videos.

You Tube URL = http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eTmOaPZRuAc or from the URL box to the right of the video or the address bar

Note, if you pick up the URL from the address bar there may be more characters, only take the 1st characters after the "="

Youtube.jpg

which becomes this

this subforum has been a bit quiet for the last year or so,

calling all 911uk Track Dayers ! we need more user reviews :)

on http://911uk.com/viewforum.php?f=30

if there are any other circuits to add, just let me know via PM :)

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back