Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Goodwood, Sussex

GOODWOOD, West Sussex

• 5 Stars out of 5 Stars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 Stars out of 5 Stars

• 3 Stars out of 5 Stars

• 2 Stars out of 5 Stars

• 1 Stars out of 5 Stars

• Total voters

911UK

Administrator
Staff member
Please review this Trackday Circuit on this thread........

Goodwood
Chichester
West Sussex
PO18 0PX

http://www.goodwood.co.uk/circuithire/

goodwood.jpg

User Review-1 said:
Madgwick always takes time to get right every visit. Fordwater can be taken flat, but boy is it hard to convince yourself you can. St. Mary's through to Lavant is just superb & then you need to be brave to leave your braking late before Woodcote, which is a superb corner.

The chicane is a spoiler though, but aren't they all.
It's a great circuit, very fast, but not much run off at quite a few critical places, so well worth building your speed slowly through the day.

Main draw back is the noise limit, which usually leads to the day running quite slowly. Only 5 cars at a time on this long track is a bit of a joke & the marshalls always seem to insist that the last car from the previous group is off the track before letting the next batch go

User Review-2 said:
Can be very fast, you need 110% commitment and sensitivity, small run off areas, at least one 'bash' per trackday.

Fantastic when you do a lap just right! Lovely historical atmosphere.

User Review-3 said:
I have driven Goodwood a couple of times, but have never felt fully at ease with it. Technically, there are some tricky lines to get right into some very fast corners, and the prospect of going off on those sections rattled me slightly. This makes it very challenging.

I have probably had more fun at more relaxing, less technical circuits, but this is more a comment on me than the circuit. And even after driving it twice, I still feel I will have a fair bit of relearning to do next time around.

Nice smooth circuit, great track surface but circiut time is awful. My last visit saw the day split into 3 groups, 15min sessions, only got on to 5 sessions all day, just too much queuing. And once you're out there, you never see anyone as only 10 cars out at a time. DULL.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back