Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4S 'V' R8 - Fifth Gear - Video added

vin_r1

Nurburgring
The R8 looked nice but I'm still in favour of the 911 - simple looking but very effective.

Embedded Video Added by the Mods'

I'm with you on that one!......The R8, although very good, is just not a 911!

Have to say I am liking the R8.....but not enough to get rid of HD1..................yet!

The only thing I don't really like about the R8 is the stupid christmas tree driving lights under the headlamps :shock:

Having now seen a couple up close I think they look particularly nice from the back and sound good too :)

Re: C4S 'V' R8 - Fifth Gear

vin_r1 said:
The R8 looked nice but I'm still in favour of the 911 - simple looking but very effective.

missed the show, was it a normal C4S or an X51 version

Re: C4S 'V' R8 - Fifth Gear

Sundeep said:
vin_r1 said:

missed the show, was it a normal C4S or an X51 version

I'm sure the Porsche Cobalt car has the powerkit - the same one that was in T911.

vin_r1 said:
Yes, the Porsche had a power kit.

Even without the Power Kit, I'd still have had the 911 over the R8.

Just like everything about it more, although I have never driven the exact 2 cars tested

Plus, its so much better saying you drive a Porsche rather than an Audi :D

Got to say that the badge in the engine compartment on the Audii s a real no no for me, has anyone seen it? I'm sure it's straight of a golf, think it says FSI or something, why put it in there it's just not need on that car?

R8's not for me - instead of trying get a piece of the 911 market, Ingolstadt could have have mimicked Porsche and continued to develop thier own icon the original UR quattro was real quality 8)

Bet the R8 whill hold its value though......Porsche will be depreciating like a rock sadly.

Simon W said:
Bet the R8 whill hold its value though......Porsche will be depreciating like a rock sadly.

Right now it is the car to have, values are on the up but that's is a reflection of the very limited supply

As a drivers car, it's the 911 all day, they compare well to a regular C4, but that design :!: you only wish they made a 911 look like that for a day but then again I'm thinking that if they did make a 911 look like that no one would buy anything else !

I bet the 3 year value of that Porsche will be less than 50% of new. The 100,000th will probably have rolled off the productin line by then....

Simon W said:

Wait till the V10 R8 comes out and the standard R8s are well into production. They will be a great value car to buy in a few years.

I think the bext thing about the R8 is that it might make Porsche sit up and consider what has to be done to the next 911 to stay ahead in the market. It has been a while since a car got this close.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccosh
Back