Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Is this expensive for a C4S?

gilford

Spa-Francorchamps
I went to test drive a C4S on Saturday at a Porsche Dealership. The car was a 2003 C4S in seal grey, cinamon leather, PCM, switchable exhaust, few other things and 20k miles on the clock. It was up for £49995 :oops:

I have just looked on parkers and its coming in around £10k lower than that! Is this one just silly priced or is that the going price for them in a Porsche dealers?

Cheers

gilford said:
I went to test drive a C4S on Saturday at a Porsche Dealership. The car was a 2003 C4S in seal grey, cinamon leather, PCM, switchable exhaust, few other things and 20k miles on the clock. It was up for £49995 :oops:

I have just looked on parkers and its coming in around £10k lower than that! Is this one just silly priced or is that the going price for them in a Porsche dealers?

Cheers

It does seem a little high, you would be looking at around £40-42k I would have thought in the private/indy market.

Damian said:
gilford said:

Cheers

It does seem a little high, you would be looking at around £40-42k I would have thought in the private/indy market.

Thats what I thought? Would an offer of around £45k be laughed at by the dealers? Surely they know that the screen price is heavily inflated?

gilford said:
Damian said:
gilford said:

Cheers

Thats what I thought? Would an offer of around £45k be laughed at by the dealers? Surely they know that the screen price is heavily inflated?

I don't know, any idea how long it's been on the forecourt? You could always use the 'I'm interested, but that interior is shocking' line.

They've probably got the price up that high because the car needed a front/wings respray, front and rear discs and pads and new rear tyres. They have to re-coup the 'investment' somehow :(

Actually the car was just in and hadn't been prepped at all?

gilford said:

Cheers

£50k ! well if the car is unsold after 30 days then they really do need to shift it, OPC used car policy

That seems very high to me, considering what is on the market, even at OPCs.

Any reason you want to buy from an OPC? I would buy private/independant dealer, get an independant inspection and put a Porsche warranty on it.

Can you just go and buy the Porsche warranty from a dealers then? Coming from a CSL (BMW) you had to renew the warranty on the button, otherwise you couldn't get it :(

gilford said:
Can you just go and buy the Porsche warranty from a dealers then? Coming from a CSL (BMW) you had to renew the warranty on the button, otherwise you couldn't get it :(

Yes for £895, but the car must still be under a valid OPC warranty (as with BMW) but if it lapses you can get the OPC to do a 111-point check (at a £200 cost or thereabouts) if it passes then you pay for the warranty. If it fails then get the repairs done (doesn't have to be at a OPC, but must be Porsche parts).

I've found a cobalt blue C4S now with 46k miles for £45k, I suppose that is way over the odds also?

I want to buy from a dealer for peace of mind really, do you think this is wrong?

Not wrong at all, i bought mine from a dealer although not OPC for the same reasons. These are expensive cars with the possibility of big bills if you get it wrong and i think it very natural to want to buy whilist having the guarantees of buying from a dealer.

IMHO i think OPC prices are a bit strong for the extra services you may get ober an indie dealer.

but....again IMHO with extra knowledge since i bought mine, if i were buying now, i would consider buying private and getting somebody like Peter Morgan to perform an inspection on the car, and then put a warranty on it.

Alternatively, as Damian suggested you can get Porsche to do the 111pt pre warranty check agreeing with the seller they have to put right anything that comes up before you will purchase. You can then slap the warranty straight on.

May I put a cat amongst the pigeons?

The C4S is a beautiful car without a doubt, however at the sort of money you are mentioning (45 - 50k) a good 996tt must be worth thinking about?

Edited to add that obviously I am biased and the tt is not everyones cup of tea with the side vents and the quieter exhaust note.

I do like the turbo, but I'd rather the looks of the C4S is that makes any sense! Plus, after coming from the CSL, I want a little refinement and ride quality!

The ride and refinement for the Turbo is just the same as the 4S, but I'm with you on the looks!

They do stock gilt-edged cars and you get total peace of mind, but for OPC money I'd want a car that was absolutely perfect- there really is no excuse for the usual "what sir has to understand is that this is a used car" comments that meet my remarks about sorting out stone chips, interior marks etc.

Personally I'd be very tempted by the private sale + OPC inspection and warranty route, or at the very least a good indy, for example http://www.stirlings.co.uk/showroom.htm who I note have a C4S in stock- not seen it, no affiliation etc, but he's well regarded round here.

If I may, what is wrong with the one that is for sale in this forum? :wink:

Sorry cheap plug I know!

I looked at a TT and the C4S when I bought. Drive both - you will know what is right for you.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back